Chapter Thirty One: The Power to Save the Ones You Love

Start from the beginning

Natsu was sweating hard. He's clearly seeing the pain in Lucy's face as she screams her heart out.

____________________________________________________________

"I leave the rest to you.....my beloved child, Lucy", Layla started to disappear.

"Thanks Mom", Lucy slowly opened her eyes.

A magic circle glowed behind Lucy as she's still trapped in the machine.

"What the?!", master Ender looked at her with disbelief.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!", Lucy screamed, the machine is reacting as if she's having a battle with it. Scratches are starting to be visible with small drops of blood spilling in it.

"Damn you bastard! Crimson Lotus, exploding flame blade!", Natsu cried out in both agony and fury. Master ender was caught off guard and was blown away.

"Lucy!", Natsu started to run towards her. The machine reacted and made him fly away.
"Natsu!", Master Makarov shouted out. Happy was crying beside him.

"Darn, why can't I come closer?!", Natsu punched the ground.

"The machine's energy is too strong", Master Makarov shouted out.

"What should we do Natsu?", Happy cried. "Lucy can't die!"

"Natsu, let's move. The machine will blow up any second now"

"But Lucy......"

"Na...tsu...", Lucy managed to say. Her eyes started to water and tears streamed down her face.

"Lucy!", Natsu shouted out.

"What? That girl can't return to her senses!", Master ender was surprised.

"More.....adventures...You...promised...", Lucy said with struggle.

"Yeah, we'll have more adventures after this I promise you didn't I? We'll do more jobs and even crazier than before so.....", Natsu can't help but feel guilty.

"This stupidity can't go on any further. I still have control over it!", Master Ender vanished and in a flash, he was beside Lucy and the machine. "Gallion Alliance won", he did something that made even Natsu and Master Makarov shocked with disbelief. Master Ender, just made himself sacrifice to the final blow the machine will have to make.

"Target Hargeon. Kill every wizard in this place", Master Ender's last words made a trigger to the machine.

The machine concentrated a blow that may even pass over to space.

"The machine and your body is acting as one. If the main energy the machine is using is yours, it will move according to your will", Lucy still remembers her mother's words.

"If this is my power, then....obey my will!", Lucy thought to herself.

"AHHHH!!!!", The machine backfired with Lucy's screams. The tubes and straps pinning her started to blow off one by one. Blood is being spilled in the process.

"LUCY STOP!!!!!!!!!", Natsu's words echoed the room. The ceiling started to crumble. The whole building they're in is shattering to pieces even scarier than when Gildarts is using his magic.

"Natsu!!", Happy flew while holding Master Makarov.

"Take him away from here Happy", Natsu instructed.

"What about Lucy?", Happy cried.

"We'll be right there. I promise I'll take her back with me!", Natsu looked desperate enough and Happy did as he was told.

____________________________________________________________

"We have to get out of here you guys!", Reina shouted out.

"What about the others?!", Erza asked.

"Erza!", Happy shouted out to them when he's out of the room.

"Gramps!", Laxus shouted out when he saw Master Makarov.

"Where's Lucy and Natsu-san?", Sting asked.

"Natsu's taking care of Lucy. The machine backfired. We have to get out of here!", Master Makarov said.

"That can't be", Elizabeth mumbled.

"We have to get out of here Elizabeth. We don't have any other choice. We have to believe in Natsu", Arthur is also unwilling to leave.

"Tetsu, protect everyone from the debris. Lead the way out of here", Reina said. Elizabeth and the others just followed suit.

____________________________________________________________

With all the smoke and dust, Natsu tried his best to get to Lucy and save her from the tragedy they are all facing right now.

"Lucy, I'll be there! Wait for me!", Natsu cried out helplessly.

The whole place is crushing down, debris keep falling and he had to try his best in dodging them all.

Finally, he saw Lucy at the bottom of the machine covered in blood. She was trying to stand up and pick up the keys that were left on the ground.

"Lucy! I'll be right there. Just stay still!", Natsu, despite his own exhaustion, tried his best to get to Lucy when a rock fell and trapped his footing.

"Natsu!", Lucy coughed with worry at her eyes.

"Don't worry about me idiot, try to leave this place!", Natsu is having a hard time pushing the rock away. He doesn't have any more strength left in him to blow the thing off. He looked back at Lucy, hoping to see she's already trying to run away but then he saw her waving her hands with a key. The magic circle was summoned and the gate to the desired celestial spirit was opened.

"Virgo......", Lucy panted. "Please..."

Virgo bit her lip and ran towards Natsu. The rock was shattered and as he looks at Lucy, he's already falling down. All he saw was Lucy smiling at him and mouthed the words which he never wanted to hear in their current situation.

"LUCY!!!!!"

____________________________________________________________

On the next chapter:

Chapter Thirty Two: Forget Me Not

See you all!