11 - quick flirting and rainy days

Start from the beginning

"No no it's all okay, I just didn't expect you would hang around after dropping Frank off. He did serve dinner right? I'm so sorry..."

My mother rambled, placing her briefcase on the arm chair beside her. She wore her professional clothes, a nice long armed white button up shirt with a black jacket, and a black knee length skirt with tights on under it. I hardly saw her in anything else these days.

Her makeup was on point, obviously she was where I got my eyeliner game from, she was beautiful as always. It always made me wonder why she never did look for another husband...

But anyway, that was beside the point.

"It's all fine. And yeah we ended up getting pizza."

"Good" she chuckled softly.

Gerard smiled softly, but dusted his knees off and stood from his seat. His beautiful red hair slipping into his eyes, giving him a beautiful look as always.

"Well, thank you for letting me inside your amazing house this afternoon, but I believe I have outlived my stay."

Gerard reached behind the couch, and tugged out his shoulder bag and slung it back over his shoulder, brushing his hair from his eyes.

"Oh, you don't have to, but if you need to go..."

"Don't worry Linda I need to get some work done for tomorrow anyway."

He explained, a polite smile on his face as he politely declined my mother's offer. After all, i'm sure it would be quite awkward having the three of us sitting here at the same time. Truly, I didn't want my mother finding out there was anything going on between us, and my mother could see through me quite easily sometimes, hence why I was doing my best to act as normally as I could.

I much preferred spending time alone with Gerard anyways, my mum would be like an unknown third wheeler, and that would just be really weird.

"Thanks again for taking care of him for me, you didn't have to stay for long and watch him but it means a lot, I do trust him but...." My mother spoke up, and her eyes flashed over to me for a couple of seconds before moving back to Gerard.

"It's completely fine Linda, your son is a pleasure to be around, thank you for shouting pizza" He said politely, keeping his professional aura about him and giving a big friendly smile that I was sure would make anyones heart melt.

"I'll show him out ma" I said softly.

As I stated this, my mother nodded and gave a small wave to Gerard as I walked into the hallway and the redhead followed behind, his movements as silent as a wolf on the prowl. Okay, was it weird to make a connection between those two things in such a spur of the moment?

Getting to the door he slipped on his shoes, sending a small flirtatious wink as he bent down to push his heels into the back of them properly.

I did my best to control my blush as I pried the oak door open, slipping out into the twilight as I kept the door open for Gerard to step out after me. The air was slightly chillier now and had a rather harsh nip to it, but it was still not too cold to complain about.

I closed the door, leaving both Gerard and I alone out on the deck without any interruptions. I was quick to glance over to the windows to see if they remained undisturbed, and luckily my mother didn't see the need to be spying on us while we were out here. It made me feel happy, but it also made my stomach turn in an unknown feeling.

Turning on his heel to face me, he had a soft and warming grin on his lips as he took a short step towards me. I made no move away, as I felt my heart giving a weird fluttering sensation. We stood close to one another, and I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks as I looked up at him, and just as before, our eyes locked and I couldn't help but get lost in his beautiful hazel eyes. They held such mystery, such warmth.