Chapter One

Comment-Read-Vote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lily, I swear to GOD if you don't get OUT of bed right NOW I'm going to KILL you before Mother even gets the chance to. WAKE UP!" My sister's shrill voice screamed into my right ear, " YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

I sat up with a start, holding my head with both my hands from the headache throbbing under my skull. It felt like my heart was located in my head as the pain pulsed around in a steady rhythm, only getting worse as my sister continues to stomp around our room. I looked over at the clock that was on the bedside table between our two beds, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

Mother was going to kill me. 

Thoughtlessly, I jumped out of my small bed and stood up. Unfortunately for me, my head had other ideas. The ache in my head turned into an overwhelming sharpness that stabbed right into the area of my brain behind my eyes. Collapsing to my knees, I buried my face in my hands and grasped my hair tightly, willing the pain to subside. I felt more than heard my sister run over to my side, for my ears were ringing from the pain within my head. I opened my eyes to look up at her, but my vision had become tunneled. I clutched to Seanna tightly, my entire body clenching up in response to the pain. It wasn't until I heard Seanna whimper slightly that I realized just how tightly I was holding onto her. I immediately released her, taking my weight off her without thinking again, and collapsed in a heap onto the ground. My head pressed to the cool wood of our floors, I groaned in annoyance and pain.

"Lily...what is wrong with you?!" Seanna exclaimed, trying to pick me up yet again. Despite her continuous attempts, I was way to heavy for her little 15 year old human arms to lift. Even for a human, she was always on the slender side, and a little wimpy. Knowing she wouldn't stop trying to lift me until I was off the floor, I sat up. The pain increased with the movement again, I found myself clutching my head and trying really hard not to groan. Again. Seanna was right, something was wrong. 

"I'll be down in a minute..." I mumble to her softly, wincing as the even just a small whisper made the pain worse. The effort it took to speak out loud was too much, so I decided to switch into our other way of communicating. 

Tell mother I said I'm not feeling well... I don't have a clue to what this is... maybe I over did myself last night... I thought to her. She nodded and left to relay my message, understanding about what I thought caused this absurd headache. We had been shopping yesterday in one of the nearby town, having our usual wonderful time away from our parents. Seanna had managed to drag me into this little boutique she and I both knew we couldn't afford, even with our pooled savings. I couldn't see the point in going in when we couldn't purchase anything, but she convinced me as she always does. I really needed to work on figuring out how to say no to her. 

Despite knowing she would not be able to buy any of them, Seanna had decided she wanted to try on every dress in the store.  For an hour I had sat in the chair and watched her come out of the dressing rooms to twirl in front of the full body mirrors out in the main area where I was sitting. What neither Seanna or I noticed was that the windows of boutique gave a perfect view from the streets of the mirror that Seanna loved. 

When she came out in a specifically gorgeous dress that flattered her curves but still clung to her slim figure, some men took an interest. Enough of an interest to come into the store and begin harassing us. To the normal person it would just seem like a few guys trying to flirt with some pretty young girls, but I am not a normal person. As soon as the men entered the boutique, their perverted thoughts were projected directly into my head. They were thinking so loudly and disgustingly that I didn't even have to reach out to hear their thoughts like I normally would. Also normally, I would not make a scene about some guys thinking perverted thoughts towards my sister and I, but the more I listened to these men the more I realized their malicious intentions. After seeing a vision from one of the bigger guys of him with a knife in his hand pointed at my sister, whom had had her hands tied, I decided it was time to act.