Chapter 1-edited

Chloe's POV

I was half asleep, but I heard light footsteps approaching my bed. All of a sudden, I feel something land on top of me and and whatever or who ever yells;
"WAKE UP CHLOE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY YOU LAZY HEAD!!!"
"Ugh Selena get off." I replied covering my head with a pillow. Selena has been my best friend since 3rd grade.

"Get up or I won't give you your present" hearing this makes me slowly sit up while rubbing my eyes and yawning.
"Okay, okay I'm up."

"Hurry you have to get dressed and come down stairs!" She yells as she runs out if my room closing my door.

I laugh at her and roll my eyes. Then I stand up and walk to my closet and put on black sweats with a black t shirt layered with a red flannel with a grey hood.

As I'm walking down the stairs I hear my family scurrying around.

I start thinking to myself that they could be hosting a surprise party for me but there's no way they would do that they hardly pay any attention to me anyway. Well except my mom. My mom is the loveliest woman I've ever known and I'm so lucky to have her.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I realize they were just making food for breakfast.

Suddenly I'm hugged from behind. With someone laughing. I soon recognize the laughter becoming to Selena.
"Happy Birthday Chloe!!"

Suddenly i'm overcome with the sweet sent of pine trees and vanilla. I turn around looking for the source of the smell and I see this tall guy standing down the hall with his back to me.

I recognize it as Alex and I realize that he must be my mate. My wolf starts to run in circles wagging her tail and yelling "Mate! That's our mate! Go to him"

I whisper to my self
"Alex; my mate?"
At this point he's come into the kitchen and he heard me. Shit.
Then he sees me and I look at him hopefully. But he looks me up and down and scowls.
"Seriously? The moon goddess chose us to be mates. Unbelievable. Chloe; I here by officially reject you as my mate."

Tears start welling in my eyes and I hear my brother and sister snickering at me.

I quickly run up the stairs crying my eyes out. I grab the only bag I have and start grabbing some clothes and some snacks and shoving them into my bag.

After gathering anything important to me I rip a piece of paper out of my sketch book and start to scribble down a few things.
Dear whoever gives a damn,

By the time you have found this letter I will be long gone. Don't bother trying to find me. I have suffered everything you've put me through and after being rejected by my mate I can't handle being here for any longer.

Nobody here gives a shit about me. I might not ever come back. I haven't decided yet. Everyone thinks I'm ugly. Probably because I am.

Mom; I'm so sorry, but good bye. I love you. You were the only family member who ever treated me with any sort of respect. I'll come back for you.

Selena: You are my best friend although you're more like a sister to me. I will miss you soooo much. I will comeback eventually but not for a long time.

Good bye
-Chloe

With that I leave it on my bed and carefully climb out my window with my bag and shift into my wolf. I pick up my bag in my teeth and start to run. Gladly it's winter and I blend into the snow, that also means they'll be able to see my paw prints though. Oh well why would they bother looking for me anyway.

____________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed that little bit. Still getting into the swing of things but I'm starting to edit/rewrite this so I hope it gets better as I'm writing it again.

Remember to comment! :)

Thank you.