Chapter 5

A/N ~ Here's the new chapter! Vote and Comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goldenpaw paced back and forth outside of the leader's den. She knew she needed to talk to Firestar, but he hadn't had time to do anything other than train her for days, and tonight was the half-moon! She took a deep breath. She stepped to the entrance. 

"Firestar? Can I talk to you?" Goldenpaw asked. Firestar sighed. "Yes, come in." He meowed. Goldenpaw stepped into the den and looked at her leader. He seemed much older than he was. His duty and her secret where wearing him down.

Goldenpaw sat down. She took another deep breath then rushed out. "I had a dream and Spottedleaf from StarClan visited me and told me that I had a secret that I needed to know and that if I didn't find out something bad would happen so can you tell me the secret that will change us both?"  Firestar blinked, then he understood. 

"You said Spottedleaf came to you in a dream?" He asked. She nodded. He sighed, but it was a happy sigh. "If she told you that, then I will tell you. Come here." He meowed. Goldenpaw padded over to her leader then, sat down next to him.

"The night Sandstorm had our kits, I was out by myself walking through the woods. I needed some time to take in all the changes that had happened because it hadn't been long since I had become leader. I was walking by the RiverClan boarder when I heard a small cry. I walked to the river to investigate. There on a rock in the middle of the river was a small kit. I knew I had to save it, and do it without RiverClan knowing of my presence. 

"I jumped into the river and fought the current to reach the small crying kit, who's eyes weren't even open. I finally reached the small bundle of fur and grabbed its scruff in my teeth. I quickly swam to the other side and licked the small kit dry. Then I grabbed it and ran back to the camp. The small kit didn't have the scent of any clan I knew, and i had no idea how it got there. But when I reached the camp I brought it straight to Sandstorm who was nursing our kits. 

"I asked her to raise the kit and say it  was our own. And she named to tiny newborn kit, Goldenkit."

Goldenpaw gasped. Firestar wasn't her father?! Who was? Who was her mother? Where did she come from? Tears crept into her eyes. She looked at Firestar. "Who am I?" She asked. He licked her ear. "You are my daughter, even if you are not my kit." He said. Goldenpaw nodded and rested her head on her leader. "What do I do now?" She asked him. "Nothing. Go back to your den and get some rest. It'll soon be sundown and I need to go help the Cinderpelt and Leafpaw get ready to go to HighStones and speak with StarClan." He said. 

Goldenpaw stood up. Medicine cats! They were the healers! And HighStones was the great place of stars! Goldenpaw thanked her leader, and ran from the den and to the Medicine cat den. As she stepped inside, the sharp scent of mouse bile hit her nose. She looked around for Leafpaw. Seeing her helping Frostfur get rid of her ticks, she padded over and offered to help. 

She dipped her paws into the mouse bile and started searching Frostfur's coat. "How is warrior training?" Leafpaw asked. Goldenpaw purred. "It's going great! Can you believe it's already been almost a moon since we've been apprenticed?" She asked. "I know! And tonight is the first time I get to go with the medicine cats to HighStones!" Leafpaw meowed. Goldenpaw saw her chance to find out more.

"When do you leave?" Goldenpaw asked. "Sundown." Leafpaw said, find a tick. Goldenpaw nodded. "Don't you have to eat special traveling herbs?" She asked. Leafpaw nodded. "We keep them seperated from all the other ones, so they are easy to find. They are already portioned out too! Cinderpelt likes to be organized." Leafpaw purred with laughter. Goldenpaw purred too. 

When they had finished Frostfur's coat and washed their paws, it was almost sundown. Leafpaw went to rest with Cinderpelt before their journey, and Goldenpaw went into the apprentice's den. She saw Spiderpaw there already sleeping. Oh, how she wished she could tell him she was leaving! And she knew she was leaving, and would be gone for a long time. It hurt her heart to just leave the cat she had come to care for so much.

Goldenpaw lay down next to him and licked his ear. He stirred in his sleep and started purring when he saw Goldenpaw. "Goodbye, Spiderpaw." She meowed. "Goodnight to you too." He said, and then fell back asleep. Goldenpaw smiled at his mistake. She would miss him, but she hoped that he would be okay without her. Then she fell asleep.