It Had To Be

Beginne am Anfang

"Sure! I'll make sure to visit."

After my farewell, I quickly walked home. I felt somewhat guilty not ever telling Kly about my friends from last summer or Savage City. Though I hoped that it will all change after I meet up with my friends again and ask them if it was alright to tell him. Surely they would understand, I thought.

All four of us met up the next day at Happytown. The area where Everly lived in and where the first entrance they found to Savage City. To open up the entrance we needed Everly to get in the through the sewers.

"Hey guys, look what I found!" Said Tom as he pulled out a paper from his pocket. "It's a beach party that's being held at Sahara Square. Interested?"

It did looked interesting and thought it be a great place to introduce Kly.

Kevin pointed to a sentence on the flyer that I didn't notice. "It's only for predators! Everly can't join."

"What?!" Tom turned the paper to see it for himself. "That just blows! And here I thought I found something fun for us to do this summer!" Tom said annoyed.

"We can make our own party. The beach isn't the only place to have fun at Zootopia," said Kevin.

"Yeah! You're right, Kev!" Said Tom over excited. "We'll just have to plan it somewhere great! But where?!"

Just then the door of the entrance to Savage City opened. "Let's go you guys!" Said Everly as she held the door open and the small flashlight in her other paw.

I let the three go ahead first so I could close the door behind us. Went down a small steep entrance then entering the main tunnel in Savage City.

"So where do we start?" Asked Kevin.

"Well last summer we found twelve rooms and three tunnels that lead to Sahara Square, Tundratown and the Rainforest District." I said as I read through the notebook I kept with the information of Savage City. "The tunnel that leads to Rainforest district, in one of the rooms there may be a door that leads to more tunnels that will lead to do different parts of the district!"

"Let's go then! I've been looking forward to this adventure since I started school!" Said Everly. "So lead the way, Coustic!"

While we walked, we shared stories of what happened over the year. As I listened, I learned that I wasn't the only one who spent their lunch breaks alone.

Kevin and Tom hanged out together since many from their school stayed away from the two. Their schoolmates just couldn't get along with Kevin and Tom. They go to a far off school outside of Zootopia.

Everly didn't get along with her schoolmates either. She spent her time alone as many from her school stayed away from the black rabbit who was said to be one of the strongest. Able to take on animals twice her size. I never seen her fight so I wondered if that was true.

For me, I did spend my own breaks alone whenever Kly was in a club meeting. Either reading, writing or researching more of Savage City.

As we finally reached the rooms, we looked into each one. We found the room that lead to more tunnels. There were about five news ones now to discover. The first one lead to a room full of beds.

"So what you think this place was?" Asked Tom.

Everly pointed her flashlight at the ceiling, finding a door above us. Then pointed to the wall where she found the ladder to get up there. "I'm guessing this is the place where criminals once slept in after running from jail,"
She said.

"Only one way to find out!" I said after placing my notebook in my pocket. I began to climb up the ladder but when I reached the exit, I couldn't open the door no matter how much I pushed it. It felt at is if it was shut from the outside. I leaped off from the ladder.

Back at the ground, "There's something blocking it. Probably from outside," I told them as I took my notebook out. I took out two maps, one of Zootopia and one I made of Savage City.

"We're under the Rainforest District so this place we're located will probably be beneath some where in this town, " I said pointing on the map. "That part of town is full of shops and restaurants so once we find it we'll finally have our entrance to Savage City from the Rainforest District," I told them.

We exited out Savage City and into downtown. The entrance we came out of was located beneath a parking lot. Outside the parking lot, we notice the sky how the sun was already going down. "Anyone need to go home yet?" I asked.

We looked at Everly.

"Just because I can't be nocturnal like you guys doesn't mean I need to go home yet!" She yelled out.

"Okay we here ya! But it's getting late anyways so I am going to go!" I said.

"Strict parents?" Asked Kevin.

"No it's just that I need to go meet up with a friend before the day is over, " I told them.

"A friend. What's his name?" Everly asled.

"Kly. If it's okay with you guys. I like to introduce him to you guys!"

"Sure! Where is he at?"

"At a bar!"

"So he's older?"

"No he just works there."

We walked to the place, the basement bar where Kly worked at. I texted him as we got there since we wouldn't be allowed to go in. When we got there, Kly was standing above the stairway, waiting for us.

"Hey, Coustic!" Kly greeted once he saw me. He looked at my friends. "So, these them?"

"Yeah. Sorry, I never told you about them."

"It's fine. You mentioned through text that there was a reason why you never introduced them to me before. So what's the reason?"

"Well first let me introduce you to them. Kevin is the brown bear in shades, Tom is the grey fox and the black fur rabbit is Everly!"

"Name's Kly. A wolf with grey silver fur! It's nice to finally meet you all," He said friendly.

"Nice to meet you, too!" Tom and Everly said at the same time.

Kevin only just stared at him through his shades. From where Kly stood, he looked grumpy.

"What's up with him?" Kly asked me, referring to Kevin.

"It's cool! He just needs to get to know you first!" Said Tom.

"Yeah! After he knows you well enough, you'll see he's a real nice bear!" Everly added.

Kly just nodded his head, "Alright."

"Kevin and Tom don't go to school in Zootopia. They go to one that's outside from Zootopia, " I began to say. "But they do live here but just don't live here when school starts. Instead they live in dorms."

"I see. That explains why I've never seen them before. And the rabbit?"

"I live in HappyTown and have trouble with my classmates. So whenever school is over I am forced to go straight home so I won't beat up anyone into a pulp." Everly explained.

"You're kidding?! The school can make you do that?!"

"Unfortunately, yeah! So school breaks, weekends, and late evenings are the only times I can spend time going out on school days."

"So now that is summer, you can spend it going anywhere!"

"That's right!"

Kly looks at me and smiles. "And I thought you and I went to a tough school with strict rules!"

I smiled back. "I thought the same thing!"