Tabby's a different story. We hang out sometimes and talk on the phone, but she's mostly hanging around the boys and is well known in Hayden High School.

Kaden stopped laughing, "Seriously? That chick is hot." this time, I roll my eyes. Guys.

"Yeah, whatever. So, deal?" I asked, looking at my phone then back at him.

His pursed his lips, "Um," he grinned and walked up to me. "Sure. You do good begging, it's cute on you--ahh!" he yelled when he went to walk pass me after giving my phone back, but as I grabbed his right leg and he tripped. I laughed my butt off and got up.

"That's for taking my phone, jerk!"

When I started walking, he grabbed my ankle and I tripped.

"Ahh!" I screamed, but luckily I saved my phone from being smashed by covering it with both my hands and held them against my chest. "Kaden!" I screamed in frustration. He laughed and we sat up on our butts.

"Don't do that again, brat." I scowl at him and rub my cut knee. "That hurt! I could have broken my ankle. Jerk,"

He rolled his eyes, "Grow up-."

"Grow up?! Me?!" I yelled, even more annoyed at him now. "I'm not the one who takes peoples' phones and makes them beg for it!"

He rolled his eyes. "It's just Logan. Even, he just said 'Lol' with a wink face."

My mouth dropped and I growled at him, "You read my text!" I said, accusing him of the obvious.

Logan is in the same grade as Kaden and I'm just amazed he knows who I am! When we were at a pool party this summer, we kind of talked and he asked for my number. He has dark brown hair and a killer smile. Jeez, he was so freaking hot! We've been texting ever since. I'm hoping he'll ask me out soon.

I've only had two boyfriends before and neither of them lasted long since they both pressed me to have sex with them but I never caved. Kaden would always handle them since he can be like a big brother to me sometimes, but I thank God he just treats me like a friend. I'm fine with being an only child. Kaden grinned and put his hands behind his head as he lay down on the dock.

"You know me. I can be nosy."

I snorted, "You don't have to tell me. I know you are." I said, lying down next to him. "So, your birthday is next week."

He frowned, "Don't remind me," he said, closing his eyes because of the sun coming out of the clouds. I frowned back him.

"Why not? You'll be eighteen, you should be excited,"

"Turning eighteen in my family isn't a good thing. It’s horrible." he said and sighed.

"Why? Are your parents making your move out or something?" I asked. Kaden has a job at an ice cream shop for the summer. He'll be quitting soon after school starts since his mom doesn't want him worrying about work instead of his grades.