20. The Wolf Is Out

Começar do início

“Can we interrupt?” Peter asked as him and Jace walked into the dining room.

Mrs. Spear gave us a small smile before standing. “I’m going to let them take over from here but don’t you girls hesitate to ask me anything” she said with one last squeeze of our hands before leaving the room.

“Can we talk?”

Looking up into Jace’s beautiful gray eyes, I nodded my head.

Taking my hand, Jace led me upstairs into his room.

I took a seat on his bed and he grabbed his computer chair setting it in front of me and sitting down.

“I know that tonight scared the shit out of you and I wanna apologize. I should have done a better job in protecting you” he said fiercely running his fingers through his hair. “This pack has been slacking in the protection aspect of things and the situation could have been so much worse if it weren’t for Taylor. I don’t know what I would have done if something were to happen to you”.

I nodded my head letting him know that I understood. “Well I’m fine now so don’t beat yourself up”

I took his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. “Now can you tell me…Who were the wolves?”

He sighed letting me know that was something he was not ready to tell. He was going to have to anyway.

“Those three wolves are from the Silver Moon pack and it was their Alpha who gave out the order for his members to scare both you and Essence. If Taylor hadn’t said anything, they would have kidnapped you two” Jace said shaking his head in anger.

“So who is this Alpha?”
“He is someone you use to know very well” Jace said.

My eyebrows shot up at this news.

“The Silver Moon pack’s Alpha is your ex-boyfriend Justin”.

I felt like someone had punched me in my chest.

How could it be possible that Justin was a wolf and I had no idea?

“A wolf? No, that’s impossible” I said shaking my head.

“Look I know you have been getting a lot of news but I wouldn’t lie to you Spencer. Justin was one of the wolves who was there in the street tonight. He wanted to kidnap you because he knows that you are my mate and he doesn’t like the idea”.

What this really true?
“Oh my god” I said standing from the bed and pacing Jace’s room.

He was the reason for my heartache and the reason I was so afraid of giving myself to Jace one hundred percent.

Walking over to Jace, I sat on his lap so that I was straddling him.

He was taken by surprise but he soon relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I’m sorry that you have to find things out like this”.

I gave him a smile before leaning in so that are foreheads were touching. “I’m not worried about that. I’m over Justin and I’m just glad that I met you”. I planted a soft kiss on his lips causing him to wrap his arms tighter around my waist. Fisting my hands into his hair, I deepened the kiss.

His fingers locked into the belt loops of my jeans and he stood so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. Leaning me down, my back connected with the soft fabric of his bed spread and he hovered on top of me making sure to hold up his weight.

Looking up at him, I could see that his once gray eyes were swirling into black and gold causing me to gasp in shock.

Jace took this as an opportunity to crash his lips onto mine and our tongues began to dance.