UNDECIPHERED

Reese's POV:

"Georgia", he says.

And she walks up to his table in the cafeteria. The table right next to mine, where I am sitting with Melanie, Aura and a few other pals.

My view is obstructed by Kia, who passes by greeting everyone on the table.

" You into Jason or something?"
She whispers in my ear noticing the way I try to get a view of them.

"What?No. I was just ... Gia came into the picture, so I..."

"I get it, witnessing the drama without me, are we? Here, let me give you company."

She said and pulled a chair besides me for herself.

Gia. Yeah, that's what Georgia likes to be called. She believes that 'Gia' makes her sound cooler and vibrant than 'Georgia'. Or whatever.

We used to be friends, once upon a time. Now, she's changed so much that one wouldn't even recognise her to be the same Georgia who helped me become social two years ago.
She isn't the same Georgia who used to give me company and help me at school galas when I was almost a loner. She wasn't my best friend , but she was probably the only person who made an effort to get to know me back then.

As Kia sat down, I was treated to something I'd rather not see.

Georgia is all over Jason, laughing like a madwoman- sheer overaction. And he has no reaction. Absolutely no expression on his face. He is trying to remove her hand from his , but in vain. So he just sits there, idle.

"Look how madam 'Gia' is trying to entwine their fingers. Oh god, she has a boyfriend right?" Ellie says.

" Whatever. Why even look at them and waste your time? Can we not talk about how good the episode of Quantico was ? Oh my gosh, Alex just killed it yesterday."   Melanie said and everyone started blabbering about the newfound topic of conversation.

That's when I zoned out. Mel, as I call her, put her hand on mine as if trying to comfort me.
She whispered into my ear, "I understand you. He's a tough nut to crack. No one can read him."
I just nodded and resumed eating.

Everytime I let my brain wander, my thoughts backtrack to Jason.

Jason.

The day I confessed about my feelings towards Jason to Mel, she asked me,
"What exactly did you see in him?"

I didn't answer because I myself wasn't sure of it.

I found him likeable just the way he was. The way he tries to converse with people, the way he makes everyone laugh, the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he looks at me, that mysterious spark in his eyes as if he knows everything I ever wanted to say to him.

His attitude, his ego, his dark side, it appeals to me as if he is a magnet.
That's the thing , you know - he is a magnet and I am just an iron filing.
One of those hundreds of filings that he attracts towards himself.

I deserve better.

Atleast that's what Melanie had said.
Yeah I do, I definitely do, but I'm just stuck here, because the heart wants what it wants.

My train of thoughts is broken by Aura's voice.

"Whoa Reese! Wha are you thinking about? The lunch is over. Hurry up, we gotta go to Psychology."

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I just... nevermind, let's leave. We need to get there before Mrs. Lance does , or else we're doomed.", I say and start walking.

Mrs. Lance is THAT teacher which every school has,  'THAT' referring to the teacher who is never in a good mood, and she might want to sue you in court for being a millisecond late to class if she has asked you to be there on time.