The eerie loneliness of it and the chains made me shiver and press myself into Aleksy's arm. His fingers tightened around mine.

"You don't have to be here for this. If you want you can sit this one out." He offered but I shook my head.

"It's all empty?" I asked.

"I stopped needing to keep prisoners after a few years of being Alpha. Nobody tried anything." He explained.

We walked down the long corridor,which reminded me of the book Green Mile, the sound of our footsteps ringing in my ears. Finally the walk came to an end when we reached a heavy looking door.

Using some of his weight, Aleksy pushed it open and I followed behind him. He pushed the door back in place. The room was just four walls and a set of chains hanging from the ceiling. To the chains was attached the rogue, stripped of all his clothing. I dug my nails into my skin to keep myself rooted to reality. I was pretty sure the whole room heard as I ground my teeth.

A ray of sunlight leaked in through a small grilled window at the top of the left wall.

I gulped. It felt like I was in a smaller version of the dungeon I had been stuck in for two months except for the fact that instead of sunlight, there had been a dim bulb hanging from the ceiling and the chains were made of iron.

Kaveh had his back towards me and I could feel the tension radiating of him. Eric and Lucas stood side by side on the left. Eric's eyes were on me. He gave me a small smile of encouragement. I didn't smile back. Jake stood on the right. I wondered where Chad was when the door dragged open and he came through. He gave something to Aleksy but I didn't see what it was. He took his place on the other side of Aleksy.
All I could think was if it was Kaveh standing here instead of me, they would have looked like the male equivalent of Charlie's Angels.

"Why don't you make this easy for us and tell us where Sloan is?" Kaveh asked.

"Why should I?" The rogue retorted, "you'll kill me anyway."

"Yes, but we won't torture you if you give us the information... not much at least." Kaveh said sounding bored. He didn't fool me.

"Tell you what, how 'bout a trade?" The rogue asked.

No answer.

"Let me have a lick of that delicious treat you got there and I'll tell ya anything you wanna know." I stiffened and struggled to stop myself from taking a step back.

"I'll rip you to shreds." I said not believing my own lie.

He snorted, "Yeah, I saw how dangerous you were." He said.

Kaveh walked forward till he was in front of the rogue. He pulled his arm back and let it fly forward till his fist connected with the rogue's nose.

"Run your mouth and I'll rip you to shreds." Kaveh said. I could see his calm façade already beginning to crack.

"Where is he?" Kaveh asked again.

The rogue simply stared at him, his eyes hard and unyielding.

Aleksy walked forward and Kaveh stepped back. I moved to stand by Kaveh's side.

"You know," Aleksys began, "my father had an obsession with witches. He raided the places that witches used to live in before they went extinct... even the places the descendants of those witches lived in. He was livid when he didn't find anything. He wanted to make use of their power. He never believed in our hatred for them. Then he met my mother."

I was wondering where he could possibly be going with this story. When he lifted what was in his hand up so that the rogue could get a good look at it. I recognised it immediately. It was the dagger that I had seen in the box in Aleksy's cupboard. The one in the leather pouch.