1

Denis

"Where do you think you're going young lady?" My mom looks up from her book just as I'm stepping outta the house.

"Over to Dad's. Cameron and Danny are already over there." His house is just a few blocks away and I desperately wanna be over there right now.

"Dressed like that? Will you quit with the boy clothes phase Leslie?"

I flinched and sighed then ran a hand through my choppy short brown hair I did myself. It's also in a flippy kinda style which I adore immensely. My hair used to be down to my waist and I didn't feel like trying to maintain it even though guys with long hair are cool. "Mom how many times have I nicely asked you to stop calling me that cause it's not a phase? I'm a boy now and my name is Denis. Why can't you be like dad and just accept me?"

"Don't you dare bring your father into this. You can go after you're dressed more gender appropriate." I huffed and stormed upstairs, slamming my door and ripping open my closet doors. I was fuming as I stripped my ripped black skinny jeans and traded them for black ripped leggings and an oversized black sweater with a white rock hand symbol on it.

"That's much better." I flipped mom off and stormed over to Dad's in a pissy mood. I barged into his house making Cameron and Danny jump but Dad was used to me doing this. He simply stands and hands me some clothes silently so I went to the bathroom and changed.

"Can I murder your ex wife?"

"Nope cause I've already planned out how we'll kill her." He really hasn't he just says it to make me feel better plus he can't stand that she's so close minded. Dad takes the clothes back to his room where they'll collect dust with the rest of my discarded girl clothes mom forces me to wear.

"So other then the wicked bitch of the west how's life been Denis?" Cameron asks and I sighed.

"Not good. I've been grounded for the past two months on a whim and I hate school. Ms. Finny has it out for me I swear."

"Still?" Dad says and I nodded. He's been down there three times for her over strictness but to no avail she's still exclusively a bitch to me. I'm drowning in transphobic motherfuckers.

"Well hey there's an open mic night tonight at the Rocker's Paradise club. You should sing one of your songs. You might meet a cute boy that way."

"Yeah c'mon Denis you've got a great voice."

"Alright but only if you do it too Dan."

"Way ahead of you Stoff I'm gonna do a cover of God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols."

I nodded my approval and Cameron kissed his cheek. They're a cute couple that's been together for four years.

"Guys look at this. Apparently there's two set performances tonight before they open up the stage to everyone." We both huddled up next to Cameron while he was on Twitter and read the tweet then the replies from two bands I've never heard of before.

@RockersParadise totally psyched to play tonight! It's gonna be mental. Be prepared for a fucking pit.~@BMTHofficial

@RockersParadise can't wait for tonight! ~@AskingAlexandria

"You heard of either of those bands before guys?"

"Nope."

"Can't say I have."

"Well I guess we'll just find out. C'mon all the cool stuff happens when you're early." So we all jumped in Dad's car and he drove us there while we were talking about music and whatnot. Tonight's gonna be insane no matter what happens I can just feel it.