Chapter 2

A/N~ Sorry that I didn't update sooner. Phone got taken away. Shoutout to LunaNightPines for being so patient and being the first one to read.

>The next day<

I still couldn't believe that the old man had been able to send a solid object through dreams. I couldn't bear the suspense, so I opened the box when Marinette left the room. Inside was a dog-like forearm bracelet. I know that cause it's retractable.

Sweet, I thought.

I put it on after I got dressed in a typical blood red tank, brown leather vest, and denim shorts. I thought the dog-like face was familiar, but I put it in with thinking. Suddenly, a dog-like creature materialized in front of me.

I wish I could say I didn't scream like a dryad when her tree's in dire, but I did. I fell back on my butt, thinking, It's a monster!

"I'm not your 'Greek monster', I'm your kwamii." It spoke with a male voice, but that didn't reassure me. "What and who are you then," I asked, getting my posture put back together. Stupid Aphrodite.

Pausing the story. I am an Aphrodite legacy, so I'm one of the ones that campers go to for 'love advice'. I act like an Ares camper, but dress a little like an Aphrodite camper. Ugh! It's so annoying. Back to story.

"My name is Jubba, and I am your kwamii." He told me to sit down while he quickly explained what I was supposed to do now that I had the jackal Miraculous.

A jackal. Stupid Anubis.

"It is not the Egyptian gods fault that you put the Miraculous. It was your decision to put it on. I stared at the arm bracelet, thinking of what power it might hold. "Brooke," Marinette shouted. "Are you coming?" "Yeah!" I shouted back, stuffing Jubba into my backpack. I poinded down the stairs. "Sorry," I said. "Couldn't find my schedule." Uncle Tom smiled. "If you lose things that easily, you and Marinette should get along just fine."

Marinette and I grabbed toast and bolted out the door. I was NOT going to be late on my first day.

>At school on time<

I burst through the door, and saw Adrien, Nathanael, and a dark-skinned, red haired girl. I waved to Nathanael, who waved back. I blushed, cursing to Aphrodite for feeling flustered like that.

Adrien waved to Marinette, who shyly waved and his behind me. The girl giggled. Marinette introduced her as Alya, her best friend. It surprised me to find out how much Alya acted like Thalia and Jason. All levelheaded yet cool.

More students flowed in, but one, no, two girl stood out. One of them looked like a typical 'popular' girl and the other one followed her around. "Ugh, Chloe," I heard Marinette mumble. Atleast I wasn't the only one who didn't like this girl.

Chloe slammed her hand on the desk and faced me. "Who are you, newbie?" 

Snobby attitude.

"My name is Brooke Kennedy and I really don't have or need the time for your bullying right now or ever." Students gasped, and watched with a new interest. "Well Miss Stupidity-" I stood up, two inches taller that Chloe. She backed up, and let out a small whimper. "You will not insult me like that or I swear that will be the last thing you ever say. Got it?" She hesitated, then regained her posture.

"I am the mayor's daughter and I refuse for you to speak to me like that." I laughed. "Ha! And I am a father's daughter and he has never lost a fight with a smaller person." I knew it was a lie, cause Percy beat him, but I continued. "If you want a fight for respect, then we fight after school at the park." I stood there, looking down at Chloe.