Love

Simon's P.O.V.

I was really happy about how much Josh was growing. He was finally coming out of his shell.

"Hey Josh, are you happy that we became friends?" I asked kind of self conscious about the whole thing.

I mean, what if he isn't comfortable? What if he actually hates me, but he is too sweet to say it?

"Simon, I am more than happy to be your friend." He said which was his first full confident sentence.

I just smiled and we hugged each other.

The day went on and we just played FIFA for our day off.

"We should go out to eat. It is beautiful outside and we have been crammed in this room the whole day." I said as Josh smiled and nodded in agreement.

We walked out of our dorm after taking showers and getting changed. I locked up the door and we decided to go to Nando's.

"Hey Si?" Josh asked as we walked.

"What's up?" I asked kind of confused.

"Have you ever been in love?" He asked which I never really thought about.

"No, never. I've never really liked someone. I guess I've just been scared of the idea of falling in love with someone to end up losing them." I said pretty much letting my feelings out.

"Oh, yeah I was just wondering." Josh said scratching the back of his neck.

We kept walking and the silence started to kill me.

"Are you in love?" I asked trying to break the silence.

"No, no, at least I don't think." He said as I looked down at my fingers and started to play with them.

We had finally got to Nando's and we sat down at a table. We ordered our food and just talked about who we thought was going to win the newest football game.

We both had a lot of fun and we decided to walk back home.

"Look the reason why I asked is because I have feelings for someone and I wasn't sure if I was in love or if I just liked them." Josh said out of no where.

"What are you feeling for this person?" I asked not wanting to get into if he was gay or not.

"I don't know, every time I see them I melt. They make me feel special, in a different way. They make me laugh and fill with joy. I get these uncontrollable feelings that I just can't explain. I don't know I think that I am just crazy. I mean I've never been in love before. I've never had someone whose love me and I've never loved anyone." He said looking down.

I then stopped and grabbed his shoulders. I lifted up his head and looked him straight in the eyes.

He looked like he was about to tear up.

"I love you Josh, you are family to me. You are family." I said hugging him.

"I don't have family Simon!" Josh said running away.

I tried to run after him, but I lost him.

~~~~~~~~~~~