Friends and family

I open my eyes. A brunette stands beside me with her back at me.

I glance at the room. I am laying on a bed and the room is black and white.

I come into a sitting position and the brunette turns to look at me with a smile.

"I'm glad you're awake. Here. Drink this."

She hands me a phial with something green and slimy in it.

I eye it suspiciously.

"It's a pain relief potion."

I glance at her and I decide to drink it.

It's not awful but it doesn't taste good.

The woman stares at me.

"What's your name?"

The woman asks.

"Trinity Shallows"

"Nice to meet you Trinity. I am Astoria Greengrass."

"You saved me from that werewolf right? You and someone else."

"Indeed. The other one is going to be here any minu-"

"I'm baaaack. Is she awake?"

Astoria laughs.

"She is awake. Now get your arse here and introduce yourself properly."

A very well known woman with bushy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, enters the room and my jaw hits the floor.

"Hello. My name is-"

"Hermione Granger."

She seems amused by my interruption but smiles.

"Exactly! And who might you be?"

"Umm...I'm Trinity."

I stammer, still in awe.

Hermione gives me a mug of hot chocolate and sits down on a chair beside my bed.

"So, how did you end up in Knockturn Alley?"

Hearing that, I place my head between my knees and all the emotions I hold inside for so long, come crushing me and I break down sobbing.

I'm not one of those girls that cry and sob all the time.

I haven't cried for years.

But now everything changes.

My mother is dead, my father is dead, my life is a lie and I almost got turned into a werewolf a couple of hours ago.

I feel someone's arms around my shoulders.

"Trinity, sweetheart, why don't you try to explain to us what's wrong?"

Astoria asks and I nod, taking a deep breath.

"Long story short, I lived as a muggle all these years and on my 17th birthday, I argued with my mother and she revealed that she and my dad were wizards and then tried to kill me. The curse rebounced and killed her instead. Using the floo, I transported to Knockturn Alley. And that's where you found me."

"You don't have a home?"

"I don't have a home anymore, nor I have parents. I don't know what to do!"

Hermione's face litsup and she grins.

"I have a plan. Trinity is going to live here until Hogwarts starts. We will visit her every day and teach her everything she needs to know for her last year at Hogwarts. We will talk to McGonagal and she will lend us some of the previous years' books. We are going to buy her a wand and her school supplies."