Sci-Fi Round 1 - I.D.E.A.

Start from the beginning

“Ok Tommy, Anemolia is coming up. Get ready to jump.” I warned him. The only place to safely dismount a hover train in motion is over the Anydrus River. Your timing has to be perfect or you risk slamming into the cliffs on either side. “Here it comes, are you ready?”

“Ready.”

“One.. two.. three…. Jump!” We both disengaged our magnetic grips and pushed off the train with our legs hurling ourselves to the rushing waters below. I hit the water with a hard splash that knocked the wind out of me, and the waters began flushing us down the river until we were caught in Jack’s fishing net. He was always on the river when the train flew by to catch hover train stowaways, and sometimes a salmon or two.

“Thanks again Jack, How much do we owe you.” I said smiling at him.

“You know I don’t take your money.” He replied.

“I still have to ask.” I said.

“I must warn you before you go back, the syphogrants are still here.” He said grimly.

“What! They never go out this long.”

“They have been out looking for anyone, and inviting everyone to live in Utopia.” He said. “rumor has it there was a plague that killed over a thousand Amaurot citizens in less than a month.”

“So they are trying to get their population back to 10,000 then?” I asked.

“That’s the rumour.” He said as he cast his net back into the river.

You see since the 10 cities were built, in order to keep Utopia a perfect place they limit the population to ten thousand. Once the population is over that they kick out the spiritually weakest citizens. They have never been under.

We ran to the town center ducking through the alleys and made it to the Sub, which was an old half built submarine that now served as the town center and market. Everywhere we went the rumours were there. People were saying that long lines were forming at the gates of Amaurot of people desperately trying to get in. Because being Utopia they didn’t just bring anyone in. They only wanted the purest and most spiritual to enter.

There were flyers everywhere welcoming people to the gates to be spiritually tested, and if they were good enough they were allowed in. When we saw the lines at the gate snaking around, my heart sunk. I couldn’t believe how many people would return to Utopia’s misguided way of life. It was more of a prison than of spiritual enlightenment.

I continued watching as more and more people crept out of the alleys and streets of Anamolia and get in line to be tested by the Syphogrants. I watched as hundreds were turned away because they didn’t meet their standard. They cried, and wailed, and then returned to their homes more miserable than before.

We were ready to return home when one of the Syphogrants spotted us. He headed for us and soon more of them turned in our direction.

“Run, Tommy Run!” I yelled and began running as fast as I could. I pulled out my HV Taser gun and began firing at them. They just slowly floated over and around the buildings. We ran through the alleyways trying to lose them. But they kept coming from everywhere.

“We need to split up.” I told Tommy. “You head for home I’ll head towards the river.”

He looked at me and nodded before disappearing behind a building. I turned and fired more shots. I ran through another alley and came around a corner, and then crashing into pile of rubbish. I picked myself up and climbed out of the garbage. It was full of metal scraps that had scraped through my clothes and rashed my skin.

Just as I made it out a Syphogrant hovered around the corner, and I pulled the trigger just in time to temporarily paralyze him. I was running out of breath. The Syphogrants were right on my tail. I ran around a corner to stop for a breath. When I checked my gun it was empty. I looked up again to the left, to the right, even above on top of the buildings. They were everywhere; there was no escape this time. I was cut up and bruised, with nowhere to run. I dropped my gun and watched as the leaflets full of IDEA’s propaganda fluttered about in the wind as I waited for my arrest.

It never happened. They never arrested me. My heart had stopped, I was dead. I could see my body as I left it. I watched as the Syphogrants checked my pulse. I began to look around, I could see Amaurot. I could see beyond Amaurot. Things began filling my head, ideas, thoughts, emotions, all these things began entering every part of my being.

Then I heard her, and the voice was a familiar. “Hello my child.” It said. “Your Task has now begun.”

I was just about to ask what task when I remembered. I remembered my task, I remembered the voice. I was here to save this planet. The voice I heard was the high goddess Al’treka. I remembered that I was a priestess in my last life. I had guided millions of souls to the Goddess Al’treka. I remembered that I was martyred and people began worshipping me as a Goddess, for this was our custom.

The spiritual energy they projected my way strengthened me enough for my spirit to travel the vast distance of space to reach this planet where I had felt the suffering of many souls, for they had no god or goddess to worship and were lost to their own minds.

I remembered that I wasn’t the only one to come. In order to create a balance Tommy came as well. I could feel his presence. He is to be the negative influence on this world. I am to be the positive. No world and no soul can flourish without balance. I could see that he had ascended at the very moment I did. I saw as he began great earthquakes that shook the earth killing millions and allowing those souls to be free from the flesh and blood prison they had been living in.

It was now my turn to bring beauty and plenty to the people and introduce a prophet which will report my will to everyone. And so I began.