The Bunny Charm Made Me Cry

Start from the beginning

_______________

[Nagata Hinami's PoV]

Ryu and I heard Ai-chan cheered for the losing Seirin and the winning Rakuzan. We looked at the reactions of the teams and they just smiled at her. "She's amazing" I thought. Being able to inspire different people, it is a rare gift. She's the only person I know who's capable of that. I felt my phone vibrate and it was a call from Ai-chan. I happily put the phone on my ear and Ryu leaned to it too to listen.

"Hinami~" Ai-chan greeted. "We saw you, Ai-chan! Where are you?" I asked, Ryu still listening. "Well, that's why I called. I don't want to leave without saying goodbye to my friends" she said. Now, Ryu finally reacted. "Goodbye? What goodbye? Why goodbye?" he asked. His questions were funny but I was nervous about this. "I'm leaving for America later." she said. So this is why she's been so distant the past few days? Always saying that something came up in the office but she was getting ready to leave? "Ai-chan! Please, don't leave. You don't have to. Narumi-san is no longer blackmailing you, right?" I said, but a part of me thought I can no longer convince her to stay.

"Hey Ryu, take care of Hinami, okay?" Ai-chan told Ryu and he just started crying and so was I. "Y-yeah." Ryu replied, sniffing and sobbing. "We will miss you Ai-chan" I managed to say in between sobs. *toot* *toot* and the call ended. I wiped my tears and decided to focus on supporting Akashi-kun in Ai-chan's behalf.

We watched the whole match and Rakuzan lost. The whole team looked upset but they were able to line up. We were about to go out when someone called us from behind "Hinamicchi! Ryucchi!" It was Kise-san. "It's about Ai-cchi! She's-" he was about to say when Ryu cut him off "leaving for America? Yes we know."

"We need to tell Akashicchi! He's the only one who can stop her!" he suggested. Now that he said that, only Akashi-kun can stop her from leaving. I nodded and The three of us went to the locker rooms.

"Hey, she called you guys too-ssu?" Kise-san asked while running ahead of us. "Yeah. She said she can't leave without saying goodbye" I replied and just in time we reached the locker rooms. All of them were quiet and upset and for a sec, maybe this is not the time to tell them but we need Akashi-kun to stop Ai-chan!

"Akashi-kun!" I called as soon as we entered the locker room. "Ai-cchi is-" Kise-kun said "leaving for America!" Ryu finished. The whole team heard us and I caught Narumi-san smiling in the corner. "We have to stop her-ssu! She'll be leaving this 6:30!" Kise-kun said and the whole team stood up from their benches. "No Seijuro, we should leave her be" Narumi-san stopped Akashi-kun by grabbing his arm. "Narumi Shiro. Who are you to order me around?" Akashi-kun said without looking at her.

Is it me or his eyes are no longer heterochromatic? "I am your fiance!" Narumi-san said impatiently. "Well, I am sorry but I am cancelling the arrangement" Akashi-kun said, pulling away his arm from the girl's grasp. "Y-you can't do that! Uncle Masaomi agree-" Narumi-san protested. "My father has nothing to do with my decision. A girl like you is not fit for the Akashi household. I knew what you did, Narumi-san" Akashi-kun said, putting a stress on 'Narumi-san'.

Narumi-san was about to slap Akashi-kun but he was able to catch her arm. "I didn't do anything to receive something like a slap. So, if you would excuse me, I still have a friend I need to meet after you destroyed her life" Akashi-kun finished and left the room, followed by the others.

We ran to the exit and I looked at my phone to see the time, "We have 8 minutes left!" I told them. "How do we go there?" Hayama-senpai asked "I have a car".

We were cramped inside. It was only supposed to be for 5 persons including the driver but we're like 7. Akashi-kun and Ryu sat beside me in the driver's seat and the others in the backseat. I'm even an illegal driver! I still don't have license, cuz I'm still 16. But being friends with Ai-chan made me want to go against rules like her. "How many minutes do we have left?" I asked. "6 minutes" the gray-haired-senpai replied.