Chapter Nine

Hey hey you you, yah yah, you you. :]

I made this a long chapter, too. I know some of you guys are looking for the romance and you'll find it! It'll start in the next chapter, kinda sorta. :] There will be lots of blood in this story, so I hope you're ready for that.

I'm going to have lots and lots of information in this story. My werewolves are a lot different than most ones (as you've probably already noticed) but I'm going to be telling you the background of how werewolves were created. Vampires play a part in this story as well, but not much. They are minor key parts in this story.

Anyway, someone mentioned that Xavier might not be Cadrian's mate. So I'll make it clear, he is her mate! For some people, it's really hard to reject their mates (not like most want to anyway) for others (like Xavier) it was easy, because he had always found her kind of wimpy even before he knew they were mates and that's what made him rejecting her easy. Just clearing that up.

Also, the 'two years later' will probably be in like chapter fifteen or something. I didn't really expect this story to be really long, but it might turn out to be...

So anyway...

Vote.

Comment.

Fan

-Tavita

***

Chapter Nine

***

I didn't do much as I resided in the Shadow Pack territory. Delaine made me do chores around the house such as cooking and cleaning – with someone always there to guard me – so I wasn't completely useless. I'd only been here for two weeks so far, but I had to say that it was the best two weeks I had in two years. When I had accidentally dropped a glass of water, making it shatter into tiny miniscule pieces, Delaine just waved it off and told me clean it. Except, she didn't even order, she asked and she asked so kindly. These people were nothing like my old pack and even though they didn't actually trust me, yet, I had already begun to grow fond of them.

And Michael. Oh, sweet Michael. His parents were killed by hunters like mine were and the Shadow Pack had found him wandering around the forest a month ago. He was only three years old and the sweetest boy I've ever met. We bonded instantly and it took a week for me to convince him that I wasn't his actual mommy. But he did end up understanding and just called me 'Cady' now.

Sometimes when I worked, I would look through the windows and see Jebadiah and Gordon training the pack members. It sent a longing through me every time I saw them. I wanted to be one of them. I wanted to learn how to fight and hunt. I wanted to be able to defend myself and the ones I cared about. I didn't want to be useless.

With hesitant steps, I walked towards where Jebadiah's office was. I had already asked Delaine and she thought it was a great idea; she had managed to get my story, the full think since I didn't have to hide anything as she was a werewolf as well. When I started to back down, claiming it was a bad idea, she had encouraged me.

I finally mustered up the courage and knocked on the wooden door. It took a few moments, but I finally heard his deep, masculine voice say, "Come in."

After releasing a big breath, I opened the door and stepped in. Jebadiah lifted his head from the papers scattered across his large wooden desk, his golden blonde hair sliding across his forehead, brushing the tips of his thick, long eyelashes that surrounded the most beautiful hazel eyes. When he saw that it was me, his eyes narrowed and he sat up straighter, tenser. He never bothered speaking to me; the only time we had talked was when he was deciding what he should do with me.