One of my Many Secrets

Story of Iris Levine and Colton Blackwood from Expiration Date by @mikaelabender as a couple and parents, with Colton struggling in his last five years as the Beta.

"Shh, they'll hear you Iris. This is for the Society's own good, with you gone the Tresais and Preeminence can finally focus on important things, instead of blind love."

I was planning to torture and finally kill Iris this week since I blame her for Erik becoming a rebel and trying to kill us. She caused our close demise, and she was going to pay for it.

She was tied up and gagged in my closet, because she was "dead". She really wasn't, since I saved her from the bomb filled maze, because I was headed that way during the second fight with the rebels.

I had taken over for Jonas since he was still in a coma, and Erik was in our prison, being tortured and roughly interrogated by the best detectives and police. After I killed Iris, I was planning on putting some arsenic or deadly chemicals in Jonas's IV, so I could finally have all the power I wanted.

I paced my room, until I heard a muffled scream, which was probably Iris's.

"What do you want, darling?"

She kept on screaming, until I undid the gag, which was a bad idea.

"Pl...please...please Col..ton, you can kill me, hurt me, or do whatever else, but...but don't hurt Jonas. H...He means the world to me, plus sooner or la..later, he would find out you killed me. Killing me...me would say bye bye power over the United Society of...of America."

She had a point, but I wish I could see her blood be shed by me.

"Fine, darling, I won't kill your lover boy or you, but you owe me big time." I began to smirk as I walked back out of Iris's little prison, until she spoke up again.

"Exactly how do I owe you? You're the one who hates me, so this is awkward you'd save me from being blown into smithereens."

I pondered on the question, until I thought of the now dead relationship with Vienna.

"You must oblige to being my girlfriend, unless you want to join Erik in the torture chamber, or better yet, I'll watch the Amoris viscously finish you off. They hate you, since you defied their date for your impending death. I know they would love to have the honor to fix that mistake, by killing you."

She just sat there, tied up, with her mouth opened, probably because of how I explained the Amoris knew of her survival.

"Darling, the Society is strongly against that display of shock. I'll get your answer in the morning, as it is 9:30pm, plus I have to take over for Jonas until he wakes up. Goodnight, darling."

I devilishly walked out of the room, enjoying my sweet revenge on my brother's precious Iris. There would definitely be bittersweet dreams tonight.
---------------
Ten years later

"Wake up Colton, it's your thirtieth birthday, and I have a surprise for you," Iris gently shook me awake, who was my girlfriend after I threatened her life with becoming just that.

"Darling, what is it?"

She held up a tablet to me, which showed Erik in the torture chamber.

"Today is his Expiration Date, I thought you would like this."

"Oh, so little Miss Iris Blackwood is excited for her rebellious savior's death. Why is that?" I quickly sneaked out the little red box from my nightstand, waiting until she got the hint.