Chapter 12: Bad dreams

Start from the beginning

  "Dear tributes. We've decided to help you all out by giving you a feast. Back where the cornucopia was, there will be a large table with bags off food and resources to help you with you survival"

The message finished there. Meredith knew that going there was a bad idea since everyone would be going and it would just be another blood bath, but on the other hand what if Teresa or Jack went, maybe it would be a chance to find them again.

~*~

Jack and Teresa where able to get away from Agrippa. They had cuts and bruises but nothing to stop them from moving. Jack was so scared that Meredith had died but after seeing the fallen tributes he was reassured she was okay. He wanted to find her because he knew that she wouldn't go far with that leg.

  "So, what do you think we should do, go to that feast or not?" Teresa then asked

  "We both know that it's a trap but we do need supplies" Jack answered

  "Do you think Meredith would go?" Teresa Asked

  "I don't think so, but if she did she would be really stupid" Jack replied

  "How about this, we go to that feast and just hide in the forest and well see how things are. If there is no one and we go get a bag, or else we just leave" Teresa suggested

Jack nodded. They then both made their way to go back to the cornucopia. They weren't to sure were they where and how long it would take to get there. Luckily when they did it was still day so they could see. Jack had the idea of hiding up in a tree to see better if anyone was there. Him and teresa climbed up has up had they could go. It was the bet place to hid since the leaves would block them yet they could see everything. They looked around and spotted the girl from district three hiding not sure if she should go and get one of those bags. They also saw a boy from district eleven and Cress, the boy from district four that Meredith almost killed. It was surprising how he was still alive even after Meredith stabbed him in the stomach.

  "It's that boy from District four" teresa pointed out

  "Yeah I know" Jack answered

  "I'm going to kill him!" She said and started to walk down the tree. Jack took her arm and pulled her back up.

  "Your staying here" Jack told her

  "Why? The point if these games are to kill and that's what I'm going to do"

  "There are to many people, you could die"

  "I don't die"

Teresa pulled her arm away and climbed down the tree. Jack knew that wasn't a good Idea but it was her decision and if she wanted to try to kill Cress then she would. Jack stayed up in the tree and if he would see that Teresa was really in danger he would jumped out and try to help her.

Teresa slowly made her way towards where Cress was hiding without being seen. Just has she got close. She took out a knife and tried to get even more close. Just has she was about to jump out and kill him. Cress ran out of his hiding spot and towards the feast to get a bag.

   "Shit" Teresa said to herself.

Teresa didn't leave, she stayed in the same place waiting for Cress to run back her way, and he did. Teresa then jumped out and Cress froze. Teresa swung her arm and tried to stab him but he moved out of the way. Cress then punched her in the face.

  "Mother fucker" Teresa said to him.

She tried to stab him again but he grabbed her and pushed her away. She fell to the floor and he jumped on her.

  "Looks like the killer becomes the killed" Cress laughed has he tried to stab her with her own knife.

Teresa was able to push him off and she took her knife back and gave him a cut on his leg. He started to yell in pain. Teresa then made a rub for it. But since she was already near the feast, she went to take two bags. One for her and one for Jack. She ran back to the tree and Jack was already down.

  "Did you kill him?" Jack asked

  "No just cut him, now lest go" Teresa said.

Has they where walking away, Jack heard a faint sound, the sound of someone saying his name. He turned around and saw Teresa on the floor covered with blood. He looked around and saw  the boy from district eleven running away. Jack took Teresa's knife from her and threw it to The boy. It landed in his back and he fell and died.

Jack fell down to his knees and Held Teresa.

  "Come on, come on stay awake" Jack gasped

  "I'm okay, just resting, no one stabbed me or anything" Teresa said trying to make Jack feel better. "Try not to die okay, but if you do, at least make sure Meredith doesn't"

Jack smiled at her right before her eyes closed and she was gone. Her death was just a big reminder to him. That people could be with you one minute and gone the next in these games. That no one is safe and even wen you think no one is there, someone always is...