Chapter 19 - Immeasurable

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" he asked.

How could Jace notice whenever there was something wrong with me? The harder I tried to suppress the guilt, the more apparent it became to his eyes.

The memory of yesterday threatened me, and Jace leaning in closer to me made things worse.

I couldn't do it—I couldn't tell him. But I knew I had to.

"Jace, I  . . ." I said. "Theo. He  . . .  he kissed me."

Jace's grip around my shoulder loosened, and I started to panic.

"What?"

"No," I looked up to him. "He—he tied me up and  . . .  and he touched me. I just hate it, Jace. I don't want anyone to touch me but you. I don't want to betray you—"

"Then why are you so afraid? You didn't even enjoy him touching you, right?"

"I didn't," I said, "but would you believe me if I said so?" 

"I know you won't lie to me, Jordan."

Hearing Jace said that had relieved me in some ways, and suddenly I realized Theo kissing me shouldn't be such a big deal. It was meaningless—but I just felt like the more I tried to hide it, the more I felt like it was a secret while it wasn't, and I didn't want to keep secrets from Jace anymore.

"Sorry," I said. "I just . . . I don't like it. I don't know why, but it bothers me so much. I'm sorry."

Jace pulled me, placing my face on his chest with tenderness. "Well, it doesn't bother me as much—in fact, I kind of like it to know that he had kissed you."

I pulled away and shot him a look. "What did you say?"

"Well," he responded, chuckling, "he had kissed me, too—and I hate remembering it. Now we both share a common experience, so we're completely equal."

I laughed and took his face to feel his lips on mine again. Then I kissed his nose, his neck and down to his chest. My body felt hot and the urge for him to touch me poured in me once again, and I was going to explode.

Jace shivered again, and I could feel his body tensed up.

"Sorry," I said. "This is too fast, isn't it?"

"No," he groaned. "It's okay—we have plenty of time for that, Jordan. Now, let's go and see the Alpha."

 *  *  *  *

"I don't know how to start on this."

Dan's brows furrowed, and suddenly I wanted to reach out and hug him. He had been shouldering a lot of burden, and our pack had never been so messed up like it was now.

No one knew what the wizard vampire wanted with Callan yet. One of the clan members of the Sebastians agreed to discuss about Parker's actions with Dan—at least there was progress.

But now Dan didn't want to talk about that now.

 "Do I need to explain it to him first, Dan?" Jace started. He was sitting beside me, facing Dan's desk in his office.

"Sure," Dan said.

Jace turned to me. "During the hunt, I was talking to Dan about Adam's fake dead body when I felt . . . something. It's like a strange, intense sensation in my chest, before I went into seeing visions and hallucinations."

I was surprised to only hear this from Jace now, wondering why he wouldn't tell me about this earlier.

He continued. "Then I saw you, as a form of a strange vision—you were falling out, and I  . . .  I had this weird feeling, but I was pretty certain that something had happened to you."