Part 2 - What was that?

3 days later
*Beep Beep Beeeeep*
"Ugh why do I feel so tired?" she said getting up. It was still dark outside.
"Of course I'm tired it's 6 am! Stupid Downey." she thought to herself.

She took a quick shower and wore a red dress that stopped a bit higher from her knees. She put on her heels and make up and got out of her house. She drove to Starbucks and bought a dark coffee for her boss and a hot chocolate for herself. She continued driving to work. When she arrived it was 6:56 am. The sun was up. She got inside the building and walked to the office where she found him in his own office. She placed her drink on her desk and headed to his office.

"Morning, Ms. Valle, right on time I see." he said before she could knock on the door.
"Good morning, Mr. Downey" she smiled and gave him his coffee.
"Ms. Valle, these are the things you have to do for today." he said giving her a paper.
"There will be one like this every morning on your desk. I want them done as soon as possible and without any mistakes please."
"Okay, sir" she said grabbing the paper, sat on her desk and without wasting any more time she started working.

It was 2 pm and she went to Downey's office to tell him she's leaving.
"Mr. Downey I'm leaving for my lunch break. Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Yes, Ms. Valle, bring me something nice to eat when you're back. I still have a lot of work to do. You can go."
"Okay, sir."

Leaving the building she had already texted her best friend Karen to meet and eat together. They arrived together and sat on an empty table and ordered something to eat.

"So tell me how is your new boss?"
"I don't really know much about him. He is very hot, he must be American, on his late 20s . He has his rules and ways of doing things. He works a lot and that is a good and a bad thing considering the fact that we leave the office together."
"He indeed sounds hot. Is he single?"
"Oh, I don't know. He doesn't seem open to questions but he's not married. He's not wearing a ring."
"Hmm you noticed, huh?" Karen asks laughing.
"Try to learn more about him. I'm interested too" she continues.
"Why? Who else is interesting in him?"
"Are you kidding me? When you were talking about him you were shinning. You want him don't you?" she playfully asks.
"What? No. I just think he's hot that's all! He's my boss!"
"Then why are you turning red and smiling when we talk about him?" Karen asks winking.
"Just shut up, please! We need to buy some food for him and leave. He doesn't like it when I'm late."
"Okay. What are you doing today night? We could go out for a couple of drinks. What do you say?"
"Hmm alright. Come by my house around 10 pm to pick me up?" Jennifer asks.
"Yeah, see you there! Bye."

Jennifer goes back to the office and knocks on Downey's door. He lets her in and she gives him the food she bought for him.

"Here you go Mr. Downey enjoy your food. I hope you like it." she says smiling.

"Thank you, Ms. Valle."

When she moved her hands from his desk she accidentally dropped some case files he got there. She immediately went to grab the files bending over and then she felt something touching her from behind. She turned around and there was Downey.

"I was wondering if you could bring me a glass of water, Ms. Valle" he says with a low voice.
"O-Okay, sir." she answers feeling embarrassed and walks out of the office.

What was that? She asked herself

It was 6:50 pm and they were still working. Jennifer walked to his office.

"Mr. Downey if you don't need me anymore I think I should go. I have finished everything for today." she says.
"Ms. Valle, I hope you're not so fast at everything. Some people prefer to take their time" he says smirking.

She just stands next to the door not knowing how to answer and feeling the embarrassment all over her body.

"I don't need you anymore for today you're free to go." he continues.
"Thank you." she grabs her stuff and leaves the building.