"Right this way Sir," He nodded polietly, weaving us through the circle tables set up specifically to match a maroon and black theme, a few familiar faces scattering the filled the room. Not faces of people I knew personally, but others like Dylan.

I walked ever so slightly behind Dylan, his hand hanging on to mine as we were taken to the far left. I leaned into towards Dylan's back, surprised. "Is that Orlando Bloom?"

Dylan laughed lightly, amused by me. "There's a good chance." He replied quietly as we found Julia already sitting at a smaller table set for three.

"Hey!" Julia greeted happily, her quarter sleeved black dress fitting her frame perfectly. With her brown waves pinned back, it was even more evident that she and Dylan were related.

I flinched lightly, my chair being pushed in behind me as I sat down, Dylan holding back a look. "Thank you," I said quietly, attempting to hold back a blush.

"Can I start you off with a drink?" The waiter whom'd led us over here asked just as Dylan took his seat in between Julia and I.

"Margarita on the rocks, please." Julia answered near immdiately, her finger rimming around the complimentary water glass in front of her.

"Just rum and coke, please." Dylan added on to the order.

"And you, Miss?" The waiter's green eyes fell on mine, waiting for me to let him go off. He could sense the tension, I could see it in his eyes.

"Do you have sparkling water?" I asked, finding my hands folding in my lap. The pale purple nail polish wouldn't last the night, I could already feel my finger starting to absently pick at it.

The waiter nodded, soon walking away with our drink order. "Right away."

"Do you not drink?" Julia asked after the waiter left, watching me with curious brown eyes.

"I don't, no." I replied shortly, tensing up slightly.

"Why?" Julia quizzed back, narrowing her eyes as if she was getting a read on me.

"Jules," Dylan said, knowing himself why.

"It's just a question." Julia shot at Dylan in a calm tone, returning her eyes to me sweetly.

"You don't have to answer her, Gen." Dylan told me, Julia taking in the fact Dylan already knew.

"It's fine. When I was ten, my Dad was killed by a drunk driver. No one in my family drank after that. It's just how we are." I answered her unbothered, I knew what she was doing. I'd done it for Tanner. The sister evaluation to see if the girl is good enough.

Julia nodded, not putting in a comment. And there it was, the silence. "So, I heard a plural in family. Do you have siblings?"

Dylan bit on the side of his bottom lip, giving off an aoura that he was mentally wishing he'd given Julia some sort of list of things not to ask.

Family surely would've been on that list. "I did. An older brother."

"Oh," Julia bit her own lip, letting out a sort of thankfulness as the drinks came. "Thank you." She told him, the greenish drink being set infront of it. She didn't hesitate for even a second on taking a sip of it.

I had that affect on people.

Dylan exchanged a small glance with me, mid-sip of his own drink. I could tell her was saying sorry without actually saying it.

"Any who, i've seen talk of a book. You're an authour?" Julia eventually spoke again, clearly hoping that it wouldn't be as bad to talk about that the two dead family members that we'd just covered.