~21~

Shawn

I feel bad for leaving Matt with the two girls this morning, but I really have to be at the studio. Although, I don't necessarily like Andrew right now, I'm still going to record music for my fans.

It takes me about five minutes to get to the recording studio, and just as I pull into the parking lot, my phone begins to ring. I put the car in park and take the key out of the ignition, letting the engine cut off before I pick the phone up and answer.

"Hello?" I answer as I open the car door.

"What the hell, Shawn?" It's Matt and he isn't happy.

"What?" I ask, sprinting through the pouring rain and under the awning of the studio.

"McKynleigh? You had to pick up McKynleigh last night? And then leave me alone with her and the other one this morning?" He's nearly yelling.

"It was an honest mistake, Matt, I didn't know it was McKynleigh. Why didn't you tell me?" I use the key on my key chain to unlock the door. Clearly Andrew isn't here yet.

"Well, I was kind of busy paying attention to getting her in bed. That's the second time I've slept with one of my friends from Nebraska in the past week." He growls.

"Matt, you can't blame this on me! I had no clue what McKynleigh looked like. And who was the first girl you slept with? You've only been here for nine days."

"Um..." He stumbles as he searches for words.

"Oh my gosh, you had sex with Meredith didn't you?" I keep my voice nearly a whisper as I walk past the reception desk, waving slightly to the receptionist letting her know I'm here.

"Well, um, yeah." He mumbles.

"What's wrong with you? Matt, she's my girlfriend. You can't just sleep with her!" Now I'm angry.

"And you can't just leave me alone with two girls we slept with last night!" He yells. I open the recording room door and switch on the lights, throwing my keys on the black leather couch.

"Whatever." I retort, hanging up. Nine days here and, only two days in, he sleeps with my girlfriend. Not to mention the fact that he has a girlfriend himself. I fall down onto the couch and place my head in my hands.

"What is going on with me?" I whisper to myself. I'm not supposed to be falling for Meredith. I'd much rather bang her, get her pregnant, leave her, and not lose my job instead of trying to fight Andrew and losing him as a manager.

The door to the booth opens and I jump out of my thoughts.

"Hello, Mr. Mendes." Kelsi comes into the room followed by Andrew, John, and Geoff.

"Hi, Kelsi." I immediately become nervous. What happens if they found out about last night?

"No hello for the rest of us?" John teases. I look down at my shoes and laugh a little.

"Well I guess not." I chuckle.

"Alright kiddo, it's time to get you recording." Andrew winks.

Meredith

"You did what?" I yell. Eucalyptus comes over to me and rests her chin on my thigh, her icy eyes begging for me to pet her.

"Meredith, I was wasted. It was a total accident." Her voice is extremely quiet.

"I thought you had a flight to catch last night?" I argue.

"Well it's actually tomorrow. I wanted a night out in Pickering."

"Mickie, I've been best friends with you for as long as I can remember. And I really trusted you. And what do you do with that? Sleep with my ex and my boyfriend! Do you know how messed up that is?"

"It was an honest mistake, Mer. I was entirely drunk, I could hardly stand up straight. When a cute guy comes into the bar and asks you to his house, you take the offer. I had the opportunity and I took it. You can't be mad at me. You can't go to Ari about anything anyways." She reasons. I pause to think about what she had said, rubbing Eucalyptus behind her ears.

She's right, scarily enough. She had no clue what she was doing last night. And I don't have anyone else to talk to since Ari and I are fighting.

"Okay, Mickie. I believe you. And I'm sorry for over reacting. You're right. I can't stay mad at you." I say. There's a light laugh.

"I love you Meredith."

"I love you to McKynleigh. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I reply. We exchange our good byes before I hang up.

Some times I hate living alone for the single reason that I honestly get really bored pretty quickly. I switch on the TV to see the noon news coming to a close so I turn it back off

"Alright, Eucalyptus. You want to go for a walk in the rain?" I say in my baby voice. She stands on her hind legs as I stand up off the couch. Her paws click against the tile floors as she follows me into the foyer where I pull on some tennis shoes and grab her bedazzled leash off it's brass hook. She stands patiently as I connect it to her collar and pull the umbrella off the hook as well.

"Good girl!" I praise as I open the front door, stuffing my phone into the band of my leggings. I glance around as I open the colorful polka-dotted umbrella to see a black familiar looking car. The paparazzi.

"Dang it." I mutter, holding the umbrella over my head. Eucalyptus begins to edge towards the neighbors house, but I pull her lightly back onto the sidewalks. I look up to see what she was going for to see a very familiar figure facing away from me. It seems a little too familiar.

And there's a cigarette tray sitting in front of the figure with a Corona beer bottle placed behind it. His favorite.

"What is going on?" I whisper, turning back to my house. I begin to run to get inside as fast as humanly possible. Where I can finally break down.

£•£•£•£•£
A/N:

Holy schnitzle guys... next chapter is about to be serious af