Pilot

"Soleila Everdine!" Shouted Katness " its time to go!" I got out of my king size bed and slumped down the stairs to my kitchen. Katness, my mom, was already dressed and ready. I looked at the clock, it was 11:36 am, that gave me 24 minutes to make myself look decent enough to walk out my door. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and hair, put on the dress that was hung up on my door and ran back to my mom. " Finished" I say, as she inspects me for any flaws in my outfit. Ever since the hunger games, Katness always wanted perfection. She thought, if she won the games ( and she did) that she should take advantage of her position and money and take all the best that was possible. I think it was having to kill Peeta that made her this way, though I'm not very sure how. After she did, she moved on got over it and married Gale. But he stayed behind when we moved here to the Capitol. I think of him all the time. Time! "What time is it?" I ask. She looks at her watch" Oh my, we should have been there 2 minutes ago!" Mom wined. We rushed out the door to our limo and drove to the town square, The big screen had already started playing our anthem. We ran into the crowd as my mom held my hand. The anthem stopped, president Snow was shown on the screen. "This is a special year" he says "the Quarter quill!" I had totally forgot! I began to feel nervous about this years 'special' occasion. The screen went on "This year, your winners descendants will be in the games! " My heart literally stopped beating for a moment. I could sense my moms fear for me. No no no no no no. I was no fighter like my mom was, I wasn't even sure I could use a bow. The man walked to the bowl and picked names. It was the time of district 12. A boy just older than me called Thorn Riverwood walked up to the podium. He was Hamiches grandson. Next, the man reached in and pulled out my name he read it out " Soleila Everdine!" Heart pounding, I walked shakily to the podium. I could see my mothers crying eyes in the crowd. Then, they took us away.