Chapter one - Goodbyes

"Are you sure you have everything?" My Mum asked for the millionth time that day.
"Yes Mammy I have everything, stop worrying." I chuckled (and yes if you couldn't already tell, I am Irish.) Packing the remainder of the boxes of my stuff into the boot of the car and closing the lid I sighed as I looked up at the house. Looking at the porch I recalled all the summers we spent sat there playing twenty one (our family's favourite card game.) It was tradition for us to play it, the loser having to buy the next lot of lemonade. I looked over to the tree swing we had made from an old tyre and some rope we had found in the garage. I giggled quietly to myself at the memories of me and my friends playing on there, occasionally going away with cuts and bruises, but we didn't care, as long as we'd had fun. Tears started to well in my eyes. Mollie, my best friend who I was moving with, walked up to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulders.
"You ready to go?" She asked gently.
"Yeah." I nodded slightly, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. She nodded, smiling comfortingly before walking over to my parents and giving them both long hugs, saying her goodbyes before going over to the car and getting in. Taking one last glance at the house, I walked over to my parents, walking straight into my Dads open arms. His arms wrapped around me, holding me close as a few tears escaped my eyes and crawled down my cheeks. I sniffled slightly as he pulled away, wiping my eyes with his thumbs. I looked up into his old, tired eyes. If you looked hard enough, you could see every story he'd lived through, each conveyed in their own special way.
"I-I'm going to miss you s-so much Dah." I said, looking down at my feet.
"I'm going to miss you too, but this is the start of a new part of your life. I know it's hard saying goodbye to all the memories you've had here, but you'll make new ones at your new apartment. And you'll have Mollie there, you'll be okay love, I promise." He smiled. I nodded sadly, looking over to my Mum. Walking over to her she wrapped her arms around me and held me close to her chest, a few more tears rolling down my cheeks.
"G-G'bye Mammy." I struggled.
"G'bye baby." She replied quietly. Pulling away I smiled sadly before I walked over to the car and opened the door, looking back at my parents.
"B-Bye guys." I waved, climbing into the car and putting my seat belt around me.
"Ready?" Mollie asked, turning the car on.
I took a deep breath, "Ready." I nodded, taking one last look at the house before it disappeared into the horizon.