Chapter 24

Bucky's pov:

10:00am. She just sits there silently staring out the window. She has hardly moved, only from the bed to the chair by the window. She has only gotten 4 hours of sleep. She never went back to sleep. I knew the nightmare was about Pietro. I know because I used to have the same nightmares about losing Steve. Falling just out of reach of him. I feel her pain, I only wish I could help her. But I know from experience that all you can do is wait out the dark feeling. As the whole day rolls by, I never leave Wanda's side. I sit there next to her, holding her hands in mine, constantly wishing I could ease the pain. It's been her first nightmare in so long. I haven't had any since Wanda came into my life. Well, not bad ones at least. There will always be night terrors. You don't live a life like mine and not have horrible sights of people you've killed stained into your brain. Wanda starts to get up off her seat, I rise with her. She heads over to the bed and lays down. "Come", she says to me with pleading eyes. I shift my body next to her's and wrap her tightly. For the whole day we never leave the room, not even to eat. She eventually tells me what happened, moment by moment. By this time its quite late, I make her get under the covers and try to sleep. I kiss her cheek softly and lay on my side and just watch her drift off to sleep. My eyes start to close, I'm prepared for what might happen again tonight. I'll always be here to protect her, no harm will come to her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

{ Oh my god! Sweet protective Bucky gives me life. Why aren't there more Bucky Barnes in the world? Or Sebastian Stans? Like why?! I'm a lonely person so I only find happiness in my favorite OTP's happiness. Which all my OTPs are fictional so FML }