The Sound Of Music

Start from the beginning

Eren didn't turn around as he continued to set everything up correctly, and replied, "No I'm not the speaker guy, I'm the sound tech manager, I make sure that you guys don't sound like shit." Eren finished connecting everything and turned around to face the person, when he saw who it was he wanted to die.

It was Levi.

"Well it looks like someone is grumpy."

Eren didn't know what to say, "I'm sorry, I didn't look to see who you were, I thought you were a sixth grader."

Levi sat down on an empty chair next to Eren, "Its an easy mistake to make."

Eren spoke hesitantly, "So why are you here?"

Levi sighed, "Same as everyone else, I'm here to try out for a part."

That surprised Eren, "Oh really? What part?"

"The Captain."

Eren glanced at Armin who was chatting with some of his friends, "Oh, Well I hope you do good then?"

Levi chuckled, "Way to sound insecure, I really don't want to be here." Levi sighed and mumbled something under his breath that sounded something like, "Damn four eyes."

Suddenly a whistle blew, it was Mrs. Russell, "Alright, you guys. Has everyone turned in their permission slips?"

There was a chorus of yeses, Mrs. Russell handed the kid to her right a pencil and a clipboard, "Okay, I want you to pass this around. When it comes to you please put your first and last names on the paper. Next to it please put at least one part you want to try out for."

When the clipboard came back to her she cleared her throat, "Okay, everyone who wants to be Maria please go in that corner, Liesl people over to the door, and all boys go into that room. The rest of you please wait quietly until the boys are done, when they are I want you to then go into that room and you boys will wait quietly in here."

Everyone went where they were told, one of the students auditioned the girls that wanted to be Liesl, a different teacher who was helping out went with the boys to audition them, and Mrs. Russell went with the Maria girls.

The Maria girls and Liesl girls all did some lines and now it was time to try the singing.

What Mrs. Russell was going to do was have the girls do vocal warm-ups then each would sing a line from climb every mountain, "Eren!" Mrs. Russell called him over.

Eren came over, "Ya?"

"We are going to do a scale, could you do the piano part because Mrs. Bodine is in the other room?"

Eren nodded, "Sure."

He sat down on the bench and hit the first note to give the girls their starting note, then he went up the scale a few times, each time he went higher. Then he started back at the first note and went up the scale but when he started the scale again he would go lower, the whole time the girls were singing.

After that Eren had to play the starting note for climb every mountain for each girl when they sang.

In about forty minutes everyone was finished and it was almost time to go.