Cats out of the bag

The group of friends continued their way through the forest the next morning. Totodile and Lucario both eyed at Umbreon like he was hiding something. Sylveon and Purrloin as well were suspicious of Ninetails, who had been quiet the whole morning.
"Okay you guys enough of the dirty looks, it's really bugging us." Umbreon says with a stern tone.
"Yeah, we didn't do anything so stop staring. If you got a problem just say it already!" Ninetails shouts at them ticked.
"I can sense you're hiding something from us." Lucario say.
"What is it, no keeping secrets!!" Sylveon says.
"No secrets? Heh. Why don't you ask Purrloin instead of us. She's the one with secrets." Ninetails says with a smirk. Purrloin blushed a beat red at her statement.

"What the hell Ninetails?!" Purrloin said embarrassed.
"Isn't it obvious? I'm just trying to help."
"How are you helping??"
"Like this." Ninetails says pulling Zorua to her side. Zorua blushed slightly at the situation they were in.
"What's this about Ninetails?" Umbreon questioned. She shushed him with a wink.
"Don't you have something to say to Zorua, Purrloin?" Ninetails asked.
"Damn you." Purrloin mumbled under her breath. She looked at Zorua as she bit her lip before speaking.
"I know you've liked me for a long time, Zorua. To be honest. I- I like you too." Purrloin admitted. Zorua hugged her, within an instant.

Five minutes later, the awkward situation was over, and they continued to the clearing where the jewel of life awaited them. Garchomp ran ahead to where the light shone brightest. Everyone reached the clearing to find the guardian was non other than Xerneas, the teacher that gave them the scroll, passed out and injured under a dying cherry blossom tree. . .