Chapter 40-Still Strong Without Him.

Start from the beginning

I came out and took the pendrive with me to the board room where Varun and all the committee members were already present.
The meeting started with the presentation from the rival company which belonged to Shalini. There was a round of applause when she ended it.

She was so confident when she presented her plan but so were we. Varun already had a hard copy of my presentation and he was fully prepared.

I handed Kabir the pendrive and he attached it to the laptop but the file which got projected was blank.
I gasped at the sight while the rest of committee members started murmuring in confusion.

I caught that witch smirking evilly as she was seated across the table by now. Clearly, she must have erased the file.

"What the hell is this, Aaradhya? Where is the damn presentation." Varun whispered angrily.

I closed my eyes and recalled Riddhant's advice to be confident and intact, whatever the situation is, you should be prepared to deal with it.

"I'm sorry gentlemen but there is some technical problem with it. Give me two minutes, I'll be right back." I spoke fiercely and stormed out to bring my laptop from the cubicle. Meanwhile I asked a favour from Kabir which he obliged readily.
I got back to the conference room and opened the saved file, presenting it on the projector screen.

Varun sir breathe out relieved and started the presentation.
I smirked at the witch who was dumbfounded by this time.

The presentation ended with another big round of applause by everyone as it was clear that the contract belonged to our company.
After we got the deal, I stood up.

"Excuse me everyone, May I have your attention, please?" I spoke.

Fifteen eyes were on me.

"Thank you for trusting our firm with the deal but I want to disclose something." I continued.

All were attentively listening to me this time.
I signaled Kabir and he played the footage as our building was under cctv surveillance which clearly showed that witch replacing the pendrive from my cubicle desk.
She had a horrified expression while the others started shifting their gaze from the screen to her in astonishment.

"Now I don't think, I've to explain anything to you." I sounded optimist.

"My intentions behind this was not to humiliate anyone but I didn't want my self esteem to be spoiled in front of you all when I wasn't even responsible for it nor is my company, Thank you for your precious time." I cleared my thoughts.

Few minutes later, Varun sir escorted the board members and the delegates. Few of them commended me for my dedication and spirit and eyed that woman with abhorrence who was still seated with a shocking look on her face. Her partner had left already.

"You bitch! you ruined my reputation." She roared after we both were alone in the room.

"Now that's where you are wrong, Shalini.
you ruined your own reputation with that dirty trick of yours." I back answered folding my arms.

"You'll pay for this." She raised her hand to slap me but I caught it on time.

"Don't try to underrate me, Don't force me to remind you the way I dealt with that filthy cousin of yours." I barked, jerking her hand away.
By this time, Varun stepped in.

"Ms Sethi, please leave before I call the security, you've already done a lot for today." He warned her and she stormed out glaring at both of us.

"I am so sorry Aaradhya." He turned to me and apologized in guilt.

"It's okay, sir. I should've been more careful.".l I replied.

"I am happy to find this positivity in you and now I can promote you as a senior analyst. From now on, you won't be working under Mr. Shah. You'll have a new project to work on." He declared.

"Thank you sir for providing this opportunity to me." I thanked him.

"You deserve it so don't thank me and I'm already regretting for shouting at you, Please don't tell this to Nikita. She'll slaughter me." He pleaded and I chuckled.

"Only on one condition, if you both pack your bags and leave for Amsterdam." I spoke and he smiled, blushing hard.

This is another time I caught him blushing.

When will I be able to see Riddhant like this?

_________________________________
So Did you like the chapter?

Sorry if any mistakes and for making you wait, but trust me I am trying my level best to deduct the suspense by updating regularly so please be patient.

Please vote and comment for my efforts behind this part.

Thank you
♡♥♡