Chapter 40-Still Strong Without Him.

Start from the beginning

"But Aaradhya..."

"Please I insist.
As for Niki, I'll convince her." I assured him and came out of his cabin.

I worked on the presentation for the next few hours.

It was six when I realized that the office hours got over while everyone had left. I quickly shut the laptop before saving the presentation in my file and transfered the other corrected copy in the pendrive. I had asked Sunil to drop the car for me as I wanted to drive myself. I drove back home safely.

I was hungry because of skipping lunch and also tired due to working continuously on the screen, so I settled for fruits because I wasn't in a mood of cooking.
Bindya had left after finishing her chores while I busied myself by watching some television before looking for umpteenth number of time at my mobile, waiting for his call.

While I was wondering about him, my phone buzzed flashing his name.

"So did you get some time?" I asked him as soon as his face appeared on screen.

"Yes blossom, Sorry I slept for few hours as the journey was tiring." He smiled sheepishly.

I was restless here and this man was sleeping peacefully.

Yeah right, How can I expect him to miss me? Because It's me, who has fallen for him.

"Okay what did you do in my absence?" He asked me breaking my chain of thoughts.

"I was busy with some important office work." I told him the truth.

His expression hardened but he smiled eventually. We talked for some more time. I told him about the meeting and he confided me with his advices.
After he hung up the call, I started missing him.

I took out the pink t-shirt which I had worn last night.

I hugged it after lying on the bed. One could smell his cologne in it which was quite soothing for me and I drifted off to a deep slumber.

Next Day.

I rushed to the office a bit early because of being left with the final detailing part but the presentation file didn't lack anything. As I was getting up, I heard the sound of the witch who had intruded my peace already.

"Clearly, you know your class." She disparaged me for the post, I worked.

"You are no one to show me my class, Ms. Shalini Sethi." I repulsed with arrogance.

"Watch out your tongue as this time, he won't be there to save you." She hissed angrily.

This means, she knows clearly about Riddhant, But how?

"I don't need anybody's protection as I am capable to guard myself." I depised her threats.

"You've wasted my time already so would you please leave from here." I spoke rudely

"I'm not done with you." she walked away angrily after spatting those words.

I rushed to the washroom to wash my face after she left calming my nerves down.