Chapter 8 ~ All the Visits in the Worlds

Start from the beginning

    "Welcome home." Mira greeted.

    "He's the most powerful guy in the guild?" Lucy asked.

    "Sorry to bother you miss, but I'm looking for a guild that used to be around these parts called Fairy Tail." Gildarts said to Mirajane.

    "This is it! Remember me? Mirajane!" she chimed.

    "Huh? Mira? Wow... You sure have grown up a lot, little girl. And did you change some stuff around the guild too?" Gildarts said.

    "He didn't notice that from outside?" I asked, a little sarcastically.

    "Gildarts!" Natsu shouted.

    "Natsu! Hey pal. There's someone I recognize." Gildarts greeted. Natsu chuckled.

    "Good to see ya, now let's party!" Natsu said, attacking from above. Gildarts swung him and threw him to the ceiling.

    "Not now kid." Gildarts replied so casually. Lucy was shocked by everything.

    "Oh yeah! He's still so awesome." Natsu said as if he wasn't just smashed into the ceiling.

    "Same old tough guy we've always known." Gray piped up.

    "Genuine old fashioned man's man." Elfman stated.

    "Hmm... I see a couple of new faces around here too. A lot happened while I was gone." Gildarts said.

    "Gildarts!" the master called.

    "Eh? Oh, master! You're looking well." Gildarts said.

    "How'd the job go?" Makarov asked.

    "Hm?" Gildarts said, followed by a lot of laughing. Master sighed. "No good. Way too much for me." Everyone freezed with shock.

    "No way. But that's Gildarts!"

    "He failed?"

"He's joking, right?" three different guys inquired.

    "I can't believe he'd just give up like this." Gray said, a little disappointed.

    "I guess it takes a big man to admit defeat." Elfman stated. Ha, I guess it does.

Lucy's P.O.V.

    The century quest is too much for even the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail? I wonder what it takes to finish it. "I know what you're thinking over there and you should stop. There's no way!" Erza told me.

    "Oh! I wasn't thinking about anything at all, I swear! My mind is totally blank!" I defended.

    "I see, the job was too tough." Makarov said.

    "Forgive me for bringing shame to the guild." Gildart apologized.

    "No. You've only brought yourself back in one piece. That's no small feat in itself. As far as I know, you're the only one who's made the journey home alive." Master explained. Gildarts laughed.

    "Thanks boss." He started walking. "Now I gotta get back home and start to actually feel alive. Rest my weary bones. Oh, Natsu, stop by later. I brought something back for ya." He chuckled. "Well, I'm out of here you guys." Gildarts was about to walk into a wall, when it just broke down. Woah. I sweatdropped.

    "I was afraid of that." Mira said kindly.

    "You could use the front door you know!" Warren said, ticked off a little.

    "Ha, ha, ha. Wonder what the old man's got for me. I'm fired up just thinking about it!" Natsu added. He punched the wall with his flames, creating another hole in the wall.