Kidnapped Chapter One

I gave up on the other story I wrote but if this story actually gets comments and votes and all that good stuff, I'll continue it..I hope someone reads this lol I think it's interesting :)

CHAPTER ONE

Its funny how you see things on Tv and think itll never happen to you, like getting robbed on your way to the bank or some troubled kid shooting up your school..or kidnapped. You think, 'I'm careful, I don't talk to strangers, I'm always aware of my surroundings.' But as my mother Katarina likes to say 'people who die in car accidents didn't wake up that day and think 'I'm gonna die in a car accident today!' Death and danger can happen to anyone when they least expect it..but so can happiness"

"Alex, can you help me now please" my 9 year old sister Mary asks.

"Okay I'm done now," I say as I coat my left eyelashes once more. I set the tube of mascara down and climb on my bed with Mary. "What do you need?"

"Well, Ms Young-" I giggle at the irony of Mary's teacher's name. That lady is far from young, she used to be my teacher way back when she really was young! I apologize to Mary and tell her to continue. "Ms young said we have to write about who inspires us and why but I don't really know who to pick! I love all you guys" she states with true angst in her eyes.

"When is it due?" I ask. I wanted to help her but Ashley, my best friend, was probably already waiting for me.

"She hasn't made up her mind yet, I wanna get started on it soon though." She picks up her paper and just stares at it. Mary is really smart for her age, and very mature. She's only 9 and school is the most important thing to her, as it should be.

"Well how about I help you tomorrow, we can spend the whole day deciding who you should pick" I say slowly climbing off my bed and looking for my black heels.

"Alright, promise?" She asks. I nod and she smiles, picks up her things and walks out to her room I suppose. I put on my heels, grab my bag and head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen where my mom is standing with an apron around her waist and dough in her hair. She has a bowl on the counter filled with questionable things. She wasn't always the best cook but at least she tries.

"I'm leaving now momma" I say heading towards her for a kiss on the cheek.

" Okay honey, where is your brother and sisters?" She asks headed towards the fridge.

"I think Henry is in his room with Mark. Leslie is out with Mirna, and Mary is in her room" I say, I grab a Capri sun and give my mom a kiss "I'll be back by 10 and my phone stays on" she gives me a knowing smile and goes back to work. I make sure I have my car keys and head out towards my car. I take out my phone and type in the address that I'm supposed to meet Ashley at. We were headed to a party but were gonna meet somewhere and take her car. I play some music "Gods and Monsters" by Lana Del Rey and head towards my destination. It's only 6:30 but because its winter, its really dark out. It's been raining the past couple of days and the clouds are still around too, making it even darker, and giving the day a more gloomy look. On my way towards meeting Ashley I can't help but feel like something bad is going to happen. I get a queasy feeling in my stomach but I ignore it, thinking I'm just nervous about the party. Twenty minutes later I arrive at my destination, I drive up into the garage and head towards the second floor because there's a sign that says the first floor is full. I find a parking spot and turn off my car. I put my bag over my shoulder, and grab my phone and car keys. I open the door slowly stepping out because I don't want to trip on my heels. I close my door and start to turn around when all of sudden a hand is clamped over my mouth. I was too startled to even scream, I just felt the air being knocked out of me. I dropped my phone and car keys and my hands automatically reach up to the hand clamping my nose and mouth, stopping me from breathing. I start wriggling underneath their grasp and felt my right foot bend painfully. All this in a matter of seconds. Out of nowhere I start feeling sleepy. So sleepy that no matter how hard I tried to keep my eyes open, I could feel them closing. I realized they were holding a black cloth to my nose and knew that they were drugging me. I felt the darkness take over me but not before I heard the man speak. I felt his hot breath by my ear as he whispered "we can be together now my love" and then everything went black.