Gray

Click click click
My cleats clicked the floor as I walked towards my room. The first game of the season, and we lost. How'd we loose? We had me as outfield. I'm of no use at outfield. I could be a pitcher if I wanted to. If the coach didn't pick the rich frilly girls to do it. Those girls even told me I was a good pitcher. What'd I have to prove?

I walked into my room feeling worse then I had when I walked into the house. I put my bag down, and looked at myself in the mirror hanging above my bed. Blonde hair. Up in a ponytail. Blue eyes. Round. Crooked nose. Decorated with a faux gold nose ring. I had convinced everyone at school that I had gotten my nose pierced. Then came the softball game, and the umpire, a fat round man, had said no. Keeping up with his charade I started to cry. I could fake cry a whole lot. But that umpire just stood there. Not caring that a child, a teenage girl, was crying.

I took out the nose ring and put it onto my earring tree. I scanned the earring tree until eventually I found what I was looking for. Silver rose studs. I put them in, and took out my makeup bag. I searched around it, and found my brow gel. My eyebrows just needed a tint. I applied it, and then took out my lip gloss. I put it on my lips, and puckered them like I see models do in Teen Vouge. I took out my phone, and took a selfie. I looked okay. I then changed out of my softball gear and put on an outfit. One of my better outfits.

"Dad can we go to the gas station?!" I yelled. I wanted ice cream and that was the best place to get it. As we drove to the gas station I couldn't help but noticing everything passing by. Gray sky. Gray cars. Gray everything. It was just all gray. I went to the back to find Dibbs, my favorite type of ice cream and met my dad up at the counter.
"Should we get a lottery ticket?" I asked my dad.
"I guess." He said and he handed the cashier $2.00. As we walked out I was hoping something would happen to make that ticket a winner. Anything.