paired up!

Chapter 7

Two weeks passed by so quickly, but not even once did I sit next to him nor talk to him. He's not even looking nor glancing my way... I go on and continue living my normal life and daily routine, but ever since that night, the scene when we're close to hugging each other kept on rewinding inside my head.

*algebra

"pair up everyone... you need to make a simple poem with algebraic expressions. you can use any mathematical equation and our theme will be about love. One week from now is our deadline and everyone who can and will submit will be exempted on 3 subjects exam.. We, together with two other teachers, talked about this already. So failure to submit will ofcourse need to make an extra effort..." Ms. Donald said.

My hands are sweating coz I'm looking for the right partner who will make my life easier....

"It should be not more than 3000 words but not less than 1000..."

Cheena... she's Good in math. so I looked her way, but she's already talking to Carl.. looking at her... she loves the attention from her partner. She can't even take her eyes off him while they're talking...

"each stanza should have a number, a sign or anything that will represent math..."

Another one is Phoebe, the 'knows it all girl'.... but ofcourse Allen flew to her side immediately...

Everyone has their own partner, so I guess I'll be working on my own.. while thinking of what to write, I close my eyes to concentrate...

"I guess I don't have a choice now"... I heard someone said pulling a chair near me.

.... I know that voice, I know that scent... I smiled and reminisce the time when I almost kiss him.... I laughed silently..

"hello?...mmmm I don't think we're allowed to sleep in here?" Sam said.

Why can I feel and smell his mouthwashed fresh breath? ... I opened my eyes slowly and saw an angel infront of me... those blue eyes....can't help not to smile....

wait! I'm not dreaming!....

"aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" I screamed....

Everyone was looking at me now...

"problem Ms. Grey? " Ms. Donald asked.

....."ant! aaaaaammmm.... an ant bit me!" what a lame excuse... "sorry"... I smiled, looked down and cover my big mouth with my left hand while raising my right hand with a peace sign.

...."moving on.... blah blah blah"... I can no longer understand a word she's saying. Sweat dripping on my forehead as if I'm exposed under the sun for an hour. Hot! something Hot's flushing inside me. I'm boiling and was about to melt when I heard him say.

"Jean, are you Okay?.... mmmm. I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you."-Sam

calm down.... breath.... it's okay. he knows nothing .... breath..

looking back at him, he smiled.

......"alright... goodluck guys. Class dismiss " -Ms. Donald

As soon as we heard the word dismiss, Sam stood up and made his way out.

"wait......" I called..

I was about to run after him when he stop and look back.

"you're Good at it, right? " he asked.

"....but..." stuttering

"then do it... not unless you want a failing grade? " he smiled and winked at me then went out the room.

I was left open mouthed while looking at him walking away..

"what the....... is he freaking serious?" I told myself.

"I'm Good in algebra but I'm not a freaking poet!!! oh damn... I'll just talk to him tomorrow..maybe I can make a plan to let him cooperate. " am I really convincing myself?

I gather my things and went out the room. I was about to text Will when I saw him walking my direction.

"How's my favorite girlfriend?..."(kiss on my cheek while wrapping his right arm on my waiste)-Will

"duh..... as if you have MANY girlfriend..."(emphasizing the word many and laugh)

We walk our way home while talking about the things that happened in school.

"I really can't believe he's my partner. (sound frustrated)... what do i know about poetry? ...What will i do now?"

"whoa whoa.. calm down... you're smart . for sure you'll figure that one out.. so let's put that topic aside and Ive got somethin to ask you..."-Will

"shoot..."

"let's go in first and freshen up a bit before we talk... i'll go to your room in 30..."-Will

........I just looked at him and nod. His face was serious." wait... whats our topic?"

......"Sam" he smiled and turn his back from me...

dug-dug. dug-dug.dug-dug

That's my heart beating fast. I felt like my blood was drained and my face turned white.

I got excited but nervous at the same time..

10 minutes of day dreaming and I have 20 left .. better prepare.. I can feel like I can't really hide anything from him. Besides, I think it's okay to let him know . We have no secrets..He's my bestfriend......

I just wish that he won't do anything stupid this time...

..to be continued