Chapter 16: Partners In Crime

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with Matt?" Ryder asked. And I guessed Matt was the other boy who hadn't spoken yet.

"There's nothing wrong with me," Matt finally spoke up.

"Well why aren't you socializing?" He asked.

"Because I'm trying to win," He answered, attacking the buttons on the Xbox controller. He and Harry were playing a racing game against each other, Ryder and the other two strangers didn't have controllers, so they weren't playing. I hadn't figured out the stranger's name yet, but I wasn't going to ask.

I looked out the window and saw Kol had just come back out in his veranda. He was bracing against the rail, doing something on his. My phone vibrated and I realized what he was doing, he was texting me. I checked the message and it read:

Ure still in the same place u were when I left :o

I looked back out the window and waved at him, which he returned with a smile. I then turned back to the message and replied.

"You're into Kol?" The stranger asked, looking out the window to see who I waved to.

"How do you know Kol?" I asked, turning to him.

"Oh, I'm hurt. Kol never told you about his favourite brother?" He asked, feigning hurt.

"Oh, you're Kale." I rolled my eyes, just as I got a message from Kol:

Y did I just see my bro?

"Yeah – the hotter brother." Kale gloated, as I typed my reply:

he's Harry's friend n he's annoying v.v

After I pressed send I turned back to Kale, "Whoever labeled you the hotter brother?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked. "I mean, look at me."

I laughed, "It's not that obvious to me,"

"So you're saying Kol is hotter than me?" He asked with a huge smirk on his face. It seems like he just wanted to get that out of me, but there was no way I'd let him know I had a small crush on Kol.

"I'm not saying he's hot, but he does look a lot better than you." I told him, reading the new message I got from Kol:

He flirted with u already, huh?

Kale got up, and went over to the bed. He sat on the floor next to Matt, I guess he's annoyed. Mission accomplished. "Harry your sister is rude," He told Harry. And I was surprised he referred to me as Harry's sister, I guess that's what Harry's been telling them. Not that I’m complaining, I like that label.

"She's right though, you're pretty ugly." Harry joked, getting a glare from Kale. "But she only said that because she’s in love with Kol,"

I took a pillow and threw it at him, successfully hitting him in his face. "I am not!" I defended.

"Stop hitting me!" Harry whined, throwing the pillow back at me.

"Well just know I'm not in love with anyone but Ian." I huffed, replying to Kol.

how'd u know?

"Who's Ian?" Matt asked, now committing to the conversation since he won the race. I bet it's only because I distracted Harry, so I'm happy with that now.

"Ian Somerhalder," Ryder answered for me, taking the controller from Harry and Matt gave his to Kale, while Aaron already had one.

"And who's that?" Kale asked. "He sounds gay,"