Chapter 4

I eventually found Hannah and we walked into the bathroom so I could change clothes.

"I can't believe Finn did that to you, Jess. What the heck is wrong with him."

I shake my head as I look at myself in the mirror. I was completely drenched from the waist up. I looked down at my chest.

Oh my god, you can literally see my bra.

"I am literally going to kill Finn."

I walk into the nearest stall and begin to strip.

"Okay, Jessie, I have a couple of tops for you. I have a purple tank top with sequins. I think that would look super cute on you. Then I have this pink t-shirt with an adorable chihuahua. I also have this sort of form fitting top with polka dot print."

I weigh my options. I could wear my preferred color, but at the expense of wearing sequins. I could wear the t-shirt, but it's pink. The polka dots totally blew the last option from the competition.

"Give me the t-shirt."

I say reluctantly.

I hear a squeak of excitement and roll my eyes

Dear God, help me now.  

I pull the t-shirt over my head and I look down. 

It is a cute shirt. The chihuahua is really adorable. It had a little sombrero and maracas. 

Not as cute as Jake though. 

I open the stall and walk out to the mirror again. 

Ugh, stupid Finn. Stupid water. 

I turn around and look at Hannah. She is on her phone, texting rapidly. 

I shake my head. 

"Let's go to lunch, Hannah." 

-------- ---------    ---------- ---------- ----------     ------------ ----------- -----------     ---------- --------- 

Hannah and I walk into the cafeteria and look for our table. 

I find Ray and Ian chatting it up towards the middle of  the lunch room.

"Hello boys." 

Ray and Ian look up. 

"What took you so long?"

I sit down with a humf  and begin to eat. Ray turns to Hannah with a puzzled expression while I eat my food. 

"It was Finn. He dumped a bottle of water over her head. He is such an idiot." 

Hannah says as she pulls out her salad. Damn right he is.  

I'm going to get him back though. 

I finish my sandwich within 10 minutes. I'm still grumpy, but less so now that I have eaten.

" I hate him so much. He is so stupid and petty. He is only doing this to get me back for that comment I made in the hallway this morning." 

Ian chuckles as he bites down into his granola bar. 

"Well, you better send him on the straight and narrow. Who knows, he might get ideas that you are losing your stuff."

I look incredulous at Ian. 

"I am not, under any circumstances, losing to a pansy-ass, toad-brained, insufferable jerk like Finn Marx! I will win." 

I think other tables are staring at my odd declaration as Ray smiles.