I Think We're Alone Now

The dinner was actually pleasant, as the night went on the conversation became a bit more lively as if the tension finally began to vanish. When we all finished, Collins father spoke first; standing tall at the end on the table.

"Boys, I've heard from Collin that you're rather good musicians? I myself have a room filled with instruments, I tend to dabbling in them," He flashed a toothy grin and Mike rolled his eyes slightly

"Where's this room?" Micky asked, looking from Collins father to Davy

"Well if you'd like to see it I'd be happy to show it to you," He smiled stepping away from the table and making his way out of the room.

Micky and Davy followed without hesitation, Mike on the other hand stuck in his place. I sighed to myself, taking a sip of my water. I looked to Mike and nudged him, his eyes slowly made their way to mine and I smiled.

"Aren't you going too?" I asked

"Why should I?"

"Well, I thought you would be interested in seeing what kinds of instruments he has,"

"I'm fine where I am."

"Go join them Michael, I'll be fine," I placed my hand on his lower arm softly and he let out a sigh, getting up from the table and making his way down the hall.

I looked to Collin who smiled warmly, his mother excused herself and went off into another part of the house so it was just Collin and I. There was a silence that brought back some kind of tension, but soon he broke it abruptly.

"Care to join me on the balcony?" He got up from the table, standing tall on the other side

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt," I shrugged getting up and walking next to him.

The night was warm, as most summer nights tend to be especially in LA. The moon was almost full, it was complimented well by the sparkle of stars in the dark sky. His backyard was even more amazing, flowers and trees that bloomed so lusciously making everything seem so alive. The fresh smell of the different flowers flooded my senses, I couldn't help but stare in awe.

"Do you like it out here?" He questioned, his eyes searching my face

"It's beautiful," I smiled

"That may be, but for the first time in a while I think there's something here much more breath taking then the backyard,"

I looked at him and he gave me a grin, I refused to look him straight in the eyes — I felt I'd see something I wouldn't want to. He stepped closer, his breath  warm against my skin and his hands traveling to meet mine. I should've pulled away, but my mind was too busy trying to process what was happening, without warning I felt his lips on mine and I completely forgot about everything else.

But I couldn't, I didn't want to love Collin.

I pulled away swiftly, but his hands tightened and brought me back in. I struggled now, trying to tare my lips away from his. My arms were stuck and I couldn't break from his death grip kind of embrace. My mind shot to my legs, quickly and smoothly I struck him with my foot and he backed off.

"Playing hard to get?" He chuckled rubbing his leg and walking closer

I had to make a quick decision, something to help me get out of this situation. My thoughts swarmed frantically and I couldn't think straight, my body shook with both fear and anger. What could I do? Without thinking, I shouted the first name that came to my head, praying my voice would be heard,

"Michael!"