Pick Up

So no one is commenting on my story and it makes me feel like they aren't really reading. Now I know how those authors feel when there have to use blackmail to get comments and votes. You know who I am talking about. The people who are like I won't post until I get 20 votes or something like that. I'm not going to do that but it would make me extremely happy if anyone voted or commented. Especially comment. Even if it's just a you spelled that wrong. 

The song on the side is Sideways by Citizen Cope.

POV James

“So this is the plan…” I start to say as we get closer to her friend’s house. But I sincerely doubt she was even listening because she was so scared for Tyler. We had already checked out of the hotel and got into my car since she didn’t have one. We had been driving now for about two hours and we still had 30 minutes left till we got there. “Honey…Holly!” I yell.

“What! Why are you yelling?”

“I’ve been trying to talk to you for the past five minutes.” I chuckle.

“Oh, well I just have stuff on my mind.”

“That’s fine but here’s our plan. We are going to pick up Tyler then go to my house. It’s only three hours away. And Holly don’t worry any more I WILL protect you AND Tyler.”

“I know I trust you even though we haven’t even known each other for a week.” Well that statement right there just made my day.

30 minutes later James POV

We arrived at her friend’s house and Holly immediately gets out of the car and races in the house and I run after her. She was scooping up a baby (who I assume is Tyler) and starts hugging him and rocking while she was saying, “Mommy’s here and she loves you.”

“Holly, do you want to leave now, or stay a little longer and talk to your friend? Because I can watch Tyler for you while you talk to her.”

“No it’s OK I’ll get his stuff and we’ll go.” She says as she starts to pick up toys off the floor.

I walk up to the woman I assume is Stacy and say, “Hey Stacy right?”

“Yeah”

“Does Tyler have a car seat?”

“Oh yeah he does just let me go and get it. I’ll be right back.”

I feel so much better now that we are all in the car heading to my pack. Holly decided she was going to sit in the back with Tyler and to be truthful I kind of missed her sitting next to me even if she didn’t talk.

“Holly we’ll be there in two more hours OK?”

“Yeah that’s fine.” She says still solely focused on Tyler. I have a feeling this is going to be a long silent drive.