Fixing The Scatter {24}

Start from the beginning

"Staz, you really don't need to ask permission to hug me. I'm your boyfriend," I reminded, holding my arms open.

Staz moved into them slowly, getting himself comfortable as he folded against me. I kissed the top of his head and hugged him back.

I wanted to hold him close to me and kiss him and just never let him go. But I knew that Staz needed time to adjust to everything, so I kept my arms loose around him so that he could pull away when he was uncomfortable.

Staz slowly pulled away from my arms, blushing lightly. There was that little bit of chalk smudged on his left cheek.

"You always have chalk, right there," I said, pointing at the spot.

He rubbed it, smudging the chalk worse. "I rub that spot when I think."

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "God, you're cute sometimes."

"You're really attractive, Jude," Staz said.

"I'm aware. But thank you." I kissed his cheek again, since he seemed okay with me doing that. I just wanted to keep kissing him, but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

The warning bell rang and I stepped away from Staz. He pressed his thumbs against his palms.

"I'll see you afterschool, Staz," I said and walked over to join my waiting friends.

We all went off to class, the day passing by ungodly slow. I was excited to spend more time with Staz afterschool.

When the day finally did end, I went to my locker, exchanging my things. Nate came up to me and eyed me.

"What?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'm happy for you."

"Uh...thanks?" I said in confusion.

"You seem happier. And you have a relationship with no lies now. I don't know, I think Staz is good for you. You have that look in your eyes that says you care about him," Nate said.

"Well, now that this sappiness is over, I'm off to swim while you go to soccer practice and die during running drills," I said.

"You're the shittiest best friend ever."

"I know, it's a charm of mine."

He lightly kicked my shin. "Glad you're happy again, Judes."

I kicked him back. "Don't call me Judes."

"Go off with your boyfriend, asshole." He shook his head and laughed. "Man, I'm glad you're over Gideon. Haven't seen you happy in a while."

"Shut up," I said, but smiled a little.

We both parted ways and I went down to my car. I drove myself home, the smile stretching across my face again as I spotted Staz's car already parked in my driveway.

I got out and met up with him in the driveway. He had a bag slung over his shoulder.

"I brought my swim trunks," he said.

"Good. Let's go change," I said, leading him inside.

"Hi Jude! Hi Staz!" dad said cheerfully as we passed through the living room. Mom was next to him, typing away at her laptop. "What are you boys doing today?"