Prologue

"She is so stunning," Ashton thought as he stared at you. "Yet she doesn't know it."

Everything you did Ashton adored with a bubbling passion. The way you spoke about things you love, the way you dance, the way you pick the onions off anything because you despise them.

You and Ashton were life long friends. Two teenagers with no worries about future plans or trouble that aren't that distant from the present.

You pulled Ashton over to your lips and kissed him. Things weren't complicated at all. You are just two people having fun.

You had small places where you would sneak off to get wasted, small kissing areas plotted out around the school, and a secret spot of love and desire in each other's hearts.

Ashton smiled, "Lilly." He sighed. For years, Ashton wanted to tell you how in love he was with you. His body craved your attention and touch. You were his drug, his personal getaway.

"Yes, my dear?" You smiled, laying down on top of him and cuddling into him.

This moment couldn't be more perfect in his mind. The cuddles, the talking, the feeling. Ashton couldn't even think about being with another person. You were his in this moment and that is all that matter.

It was your senior year. Everything would change after this. Ashton was a burn out, failing nearly even class he was enrolled in. You, you were going somewhere. College to be exact. You were a fantastic student. Good grades, perfect attendance. It couldn't get better.

It broke Ashton's heart to see you leave. He thought he'd never see you again. And he knew it would hurt.

The day came sooner than he anticipated. He thought he had months before you left. Although, after graduation things seemed to fly by.

Drunken nights in your personal hang out, and sneaking into your room in middle of the night was on his mind as he saw the tears run down your eyes. Your parents stood afar from the two of you, letting the moment pass.

His heart was going a million miles an hour, just as fast as the tears that streamed down your face.

Your mascara was running down your cheeks. Ashton raised his hand to wipe them away, leaning down and kissing you.

He savored the taste of your lips, not wanting to forget the way you tasted. He pulled away and smiled. "I'll see you soon, baby. This isn't goodbye." Although you couldn't help but feel like it is.

As you boarded the plane you knew what was going to happen. Ashton was going to become a rock star. His determination guaranteed him a spot on the top of the charts. You knew that one day, Ashton would forget about you and not even have your name cross his mind.

Arriving to school was the hardest. Although for Ashton, arriving to his empty apartment was the hardest. Usually you'd be sitting on the couch, ready for a new adventure.

Arriving in your dorm, you were upset at the boring walls. Not one band you and Ashton loved hung on the wall. A clock and paper white paint.

Both of you knew this was going to be hard, but you thought you could make it.

Every single moment you had you thought about Ashton. Frequent calls and texts during class didn't make it better. It made you miss him and crave him even more.

Every morning was the same. Wake up, go to class, eat, homework, sleep, then wake up and repeat it.

It was a constant cycle you couldn't release yourself from.

Soon, the frequent calls became scarce. It went from every night, to once a week. Soon, it was just once a month. Then it moved to whenever Ashton got signal.

You were right, he had become a rock star. He was living the dream and you were stuck hours away in a school studying a subject that will only help you because it will be money and support.

Ashton's WiFi must've been terrible, because he never called you. His signal must be bad, because he never texted you. His mind must be blank, because he never mentioned you in interviews.

Every morning you'd wake up and hear his song on the radio. Your roommate had posters hanging all along the wall of him. She was unaware of past.

Every morning, everyday, you wish you would wake up with amnesia.