chapter 1

Percy’s pov

Everything has been going great since we won the giant war. Mom and Paul told me that they are expecting a little girl on the way, and the seven are going there own way. Hazel and Frank are now praetors of new home, piper and Jason are on Olympus doing gods know what, Leo is opening a garage with Calypso ( it was surprising when he landed on the shore with calypso on fetus’s back, let’s just so that was one awkward day), and Annabeth is still working on finishing the repairs to Olympus while I just stay at camp training new demigods how to use a sword. But that changed one day.

I started my day out normally sleep until 8, then eat a giant plate of blue waffles, then start training new demigods. As I was finishing up my last class for the day a demigod comes running up to me saying Chiron wants to talk to me. I quickly let my class go and ran to the big house. But when I got there I was meet with a weird sight. Hermes was there next to Chiron but instead of his normally happy smiling face that he always had was replaced with a frown and a look in his eyes like he was never going to see me again, same goes for iron the frown on his face almost made me want to turn around and leave, but that was too late when Hermes started talking. “Percy we need you to come with us, you are needed on Olympus.” He said as he laid a hand on mine and Chiron's shoulder and flashed us to Olympus.

When the blinding light cleared we were in the throne room on Olympus and the whole council was there sitting on their thrones of power making me feel like a small bug against them. “ lord Zeus what do you require of me?” I asked kneeling before him, not wanting to get vaporized by lighting. “Percy my nephew stand we have much to talk about.” He said. “Percy what would you say if you were offered a job that required you to leave your life behind?” My father asked  and I knew something was going on. “Father what’s going on? Why would you ask such a question? Wait is there another war coming or something?” I said asking question after question. “Percy all will be explained shortly and no there is no war, well not one that involves demigods or gods.” My father said. “Poseidon don’t make him more confused than he already is,” Athena said smacking him upside his head.---- He was about to yell at her but Zeus stopped it before he could fully open his mouth. “We don’t have time for this,” Zeus said slamming his master blot in the flour.

“Whatever, Percy what we’re trying to say is that we are offering you a job. One where you would have to leave your life behind.” Athena said bluntly. “Umm, what are you talking about, What job?” I asked getting more confused by the minute. “Percy the job is simple. We’re asking you to be a savior of another world.” my father said. “Ahh what, I just finish saving this world from Gaia and the giants and now you want me to save a world that doesn’t concern me,” I shouted at them not caring if it would get me killed. “Yes Percy we know that, but we also know that you would not let any innocent person die at the hands of evil,” Zeus said. That stopped my little rant in its tracks, even though I hate to admit it they were right. “Fine but why do you keep saying that I would have to leave my life behind? Wouldn’t I just come back after I save the world like I did the last two times this has happened?” I asked.
“That’s the thing Percy, if you expected this job you would have to leave everything that you love in this world, that means no friends and no more Annabeth, meaning that you will have to leave her.” my father said with a sad look on his face. “WHAT why, why would I have to leave Annabeth and my friends?” I asked not liking this idea more. “Percy remember when you lost your memories and went to the roman camp?” he asked. “Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?” I asked getting frustrated. “Because Percy if you just suddenly disappeared everyone would come looking for you, and if they found out that there is another world just like this one thing would just get bad,” Chiron said laying a hand on my shoulder. “My lords and ladies, why don’t we give him time to think it over before he makes his decision?” Chiron asked. “Fine but he will be staying on Olympus in his father’s palace until tomorrow,” Zeus said before he flashed away in a bolt of lightning (drama queen). “C’mon Percy I will take you to my palace.” my dad said.