chapter three point five

"ashly and keith, ned and sara, becky and me, sierra and zack, jen and zach.. with glasses , aaand," andrew trailed off, "i'm sorry guys, grecia and eugene."

"are you serious?" eugene asked, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"yes, and no, i wasn't the one who picked out the partners." andrew said sternly.

"great," eugene whined, "now i get to work with little miss famous here."

"be nice, what the hell man?" sierra said in a low voice.

eugene glared at sierra for a second and looked down on his hands, actually very shy and nervous to work with grecia.

"hey, no pressure," grecia suddenly said, "we're going to make this video look nicely done just within the given budget, i mean, our teams are pretty good, and i have friends from new york that can help us get some of the best vintage ball gowns within the states."

"hmm, that settles it then," becky cheerfully said, "now, we have at least an hour for us to talk about the assignments by pair."

the others started talking with their pairs and talked about their assignments grecia looked at eugene who was just on his phone, ignoring her. she decided to talk to him, to ask what his problem is. grecia walked over eugene, still keeping himself busy.

"eugene.." grecia said.

"what?" he said bluntly.

"look, i think we both got on the wrong situation her," she explained as she sat beside him, "i'm sorry that i offended you."

eugene put his phone down and just looked at her.

"but if you really don't want to work with me, i'll let you be. i know you can do it by your own." grecia continued.

"yeah, okay. whatever gets this over with." eugene said.

+++

as soon as the meeting was done, eugene hurried out the room. keith, ned, and zach ran after him, giving grecia an awkward glance.

"hey grec, you okay?" sara said, caressing grecia's shoulder.

"of course," grecia smiled as she stacked her ipad and journal on her chest, "hmm, is it because of eugene?" she continued.

"yeah, to be honest, he's very short-tempered these days. it's so weird." sara said.

"maybe he has something goin' on," ashly joined in, "he's mostly cheerful and nice."

"maybe." grecia said, as they walked out the room.

"ashly, let's go get some lunch?" grecia said, shaking her car keys.

"sure, let's go." ashly agreed.

the girls went out for japanese food, ashly's idea. grecia didn't have any problem with it though, she was a fan of japanese food herself.

"so, how long have you been working in buzzfeed?" grecia said, while mixing in the wasabi in the soy sauce with the chopsticks.

"almost four years now." ashly said.

"wow, that's quite a long time!" grecia was honestly shocked, the longest time she worked for a company was just 10 months.

"yeah, it's been great so far. i love my job," ashly smiled as she chewed her sashimi, "though it's not really all good times. but still, i love it."

"why, what could possibly happen?"

"as you know, each month.." ashly trailed off and swallowed her food, "our goal is to make at least one video that will deffo go viral, like we have to reach this amount of views, likes, something like that."

grecia smiled at ashly's vocabulary, "yeah?"

"well, sometimes the videos that we do aren't that entertaining or appealing to people. sometimes it receives bad feedback and that's not good though we just see them as 'constructive criticism'." ashly explained.

grecia nodded her head as her friend continued, "it's hard, it's tiring, but once you see people enjoying our shit? it feels good."

"hey, uh, i've been watching the try guys' videos and eugene doesn't seem to be the same person when the camera's off. is something up?" grecia finally asked.

"well, eugene recently just started dating again. and things didn't go well." ashly said with a lower voice, as if eugene's around to hear her. "it messed him up, now it's like he's allergic of women, you know? like, he's normally flirty and arrogant."

grecia felt bad for eugene. poor thing, she thought, for taking such risks.

+++

short chapter, i know. but i feel like i had to update this book.