Chapter 35.

"We can't tell anybody this happened," he whispers to me while adjusting his collar.

"What do you mean we can't tell anybody?" I ask, frowning. "He threatened us and hurt Darcy.. Not to mention, severely injured our babysitter."

He sighs and glances around at the busy crowds of people walking by quickly. He bites his lip in hesitation, I could tell he was stressed. More than stressed, and it hurt me so much to see him like this.

"I just... I can't.." he stammers, his chest rising and dropping rapidly as he turns his gaze towards the ground. I put my hand on his back, rubbing gently.

"Harry, please don't break down on me right now," I whisper. "There could be paps around here.."

"I can't bare to see you and Darcy get hurt again.." I stare at him, watching a tear roll down his cheek. I look around, then bring him to one of the empty benches, sitting down and wrapping my arms around him.

"There's just so many things going on right now, and it's almost like it's all happening to tear us apart.. I'm so stressed and if you told anyone about what happened, you and Darcy would get hurt and I don't know how I would even handle that.. I can't.."

He buries his face in his hands, sniffling.

I hesitate, thinking about the consiquences of what could possibly happen if I ever dared to tell anybody what had happened between Simon and each of us. I didn't want Harry to be unhappy, seeing him break down like this made me feel horrible. I couldn't bare to see him like this.

"Okay.. I'll.. I'll just keep my mouth shut," I finally say to him. He looks up at me, his eyes bloodshot.

"Please," he begs.

"I will.. I promise."

He wipes his cheek and wraps his arm around me, kissing my cheek repeatedly.

Well this was gonna be hard..

------------------------------------

"Yeah, it was crazy.. They fought and everything," Paige tells me, laughing slightly.

"Hah.. Yeah, crazy," I repeat glumly.

"So, basically Cat and Zachary are done," she says. "Completely and eternally as she says. Surprised she didn't swing at him when he yelled at her, I mean her right hook serves a mean knuckle sandwich."

"Mhm," I say, leaning againt the counter as I press my phone against my ear. Paige sighs, and for a couple of seconds, she stays silent.

"What's wrong now?"

"What do you mean by that? Nothing's wrong. I'm fine, perfectly fine."

"Don't lie to me, usually that joke would have you laughing until tomorrow.. Tell me, you can tell me anything."

"I really can't tell you, I promised him.."

"Him? You mean Harry? What's going on?" Tell me everything."

I sigh, biting my lip as I glance around the flat, suddenly remembering him leaving to the room earlier to take a nap. I could tell her, he wouldn't know. Paige won't tell anyone.. I mean, she's trustworthy right?

"I'm not even sure where to start," I say.

"Spit it out, Cynthia!"

"For starters... Harry, um.. He told me that he was stressed about everything. Darcy, fame... And he, um, he wants to leave One Direction. Please don't tell anybody I told you that."

"Are you kidding me?!" she yells. "He can't leave One Direction! Everyone will be devastated!"

"To make it all worse, he told Simon he wanted out of the contract.. And after Harry had humiliated him, Simon showed up at our house with these.. Big guys and.."