[1.2] welcome back to reality!

the brunette woke up to a blinding light, at first he thought he was really dying, but later found out that he was attached to a beeping machine. he breathed out a sigh of relief, until he realized what happened a few moments earlier. he tried to sit up, but a terrible headache only welcomed him. he suddenly heard familiar voices.

"thank god you're finally awake!"

"god, we have a game next week, you made us worried!"

tooru thought someone was missing- but he was fortunately mistaken.

arms wrapped around him, and the smell of the one and only iwaizumi hajime enveloped him. "i thought you were gonna be gone, but thank god you woke up!"

when he was fully conscious of his surroundings, he saw the none other than, matsukawa and hanamaki. they had bed hair and eyes were puffy and red-- probably from crying, oikawa thought.

"wait, wait," oikawa pushed iwaizumi away slightly.

"don't tell me you don't remember-"

"of course i do, dummy!" he patted hanamaki's head, "but was it all a dream?"

"what are you talking about?"

"everything! so iwa-chan was never injured, and he never forgot about me, we are still not in college, and i still don't live with those slackers kunimi and kindaichi!"

the three just looked at each other, confused, still not registering what oikawa had said.

"well, welcome back to reality! i guess? just get lots of rest, because we're gonna have a match in five days."

"yeah, we can't survive if our captain is injured."

although oikawa woke up from his comatose, he was still unsure of one thing.

was iwaizumi really his soulmate, was all the soulmate thing true?

before the three of them could leave, oikawa asked iwaizumi to stay.

"iwa-chan can i ask something?"

"yeah, sure, what is it?"

"are you my soulmate?"

when oikawa said that, iwaizumi's eyes instantly brightened up and he unconsciously smiled. suddenly, iwaizumi pulled up his sweater sleeve to show oikawa the true answer.

and there, imprinted was his whole name, in neatly written out cursive letters.

oikawa tooru.

"iwa-chan?" iwaizumi only hummed in response, as if to say to continue whatever the brunette was intended to say, "i love you."

"i love you too trashykawa, now go get some rest."