Your awe was cut short when you saw Oikawa's gaze trailing over to the door and right at you. Staggering back quickly, you shuffle away from the door and continue walking to your intended destination in haste, hoping he hadn't seen your face that well and just assumed it was a fan that stayed back to catch a glimpse of him.

~~

Once on the train, you sit in your usual spot, hoping you wouldn't have to run into Oikawa today. You cringed slightly at the thought of being reminded of the ridiculous expression he saw you in when you guys caught each other's eyes. He was still practicing when you left so you reassured yourself there was no way you'd see him today.

Like the world attempting to spite you just for the heck of it, you notice a familiar figure wearing a volleyball jersey sitting beside you rather than his usual spot. You unconsciously flinch at the sudden familiarity he gave off as he lets out a chuckle, causing you turn to look at him.

You blinked at him warily. "Um...Can I help you?"

Currently sporting an amused grin, Oikawa shakes his head. "Nope, but I think I can help you." He points right at the tip of your nose. Noticing your confused expression, he pulls out his phone so you could see your reflection.

...Your reflection sporting a big red splotch of dried paint right at the tip of your nose. You instantly flush and rub the paint off your nose harshly as you hear Oikawa laughing at you but still holding up his phone so you could see yourself.

A couple minutes later, all that is left is a pink mark on the tip of your nose from the remains of the paint. Sighing in your reflection on the phone, only then do you glance over to Oikawa who looked genuinely amused by the whole fiasco. You offer a sheepish grin. "Uh, thanks for that."

He sends you a broad smile in return. "No problem~" His smile remains on his face as he pulls his phone back in his pocket. "So, I saw you watching me practice today."

You flush a little, embarrassed that your face was seen in your moment of awe and quietly made a grumble of agreement. "I was a little curious..." You trail off. "I suppose you were a little curious too when you peeked into the art clubroom?"

His eyes widen slightly before they resume back to their regular size. "Eh~ You saw me?" He pouts. "I thought for sure I wasn't noticed."

You laugh a little, shifting in your seat slightly. "You might have to work on that."

"Hmm so I can come visit you there sometime?" He grins, his eyes lighting up mischievously.

Your face instinctively scrunches up and Oikawa pouts again.

"I didn't even do anything to bother you yet!" He whines.

Yet. Your thoughts retort but you don't voice them. You give him a small smile. "Once in a while would be fine."

Oikawa perks up at your response and gives you a wink while saying, "then you should come watch my practice too!"

Thinking back to that awe you felt from seeing his practice earlier that day, you find yourself nodding to his proposal. "Hmm...deal." Suddenly, you could feel your stomach rumble, reminding you of the milk bread you skipped out on eating that lunch.

Remembering you had packed milk bread in your bag, you take it from your bag before proceeding to open the package and tear the bread in half. You hand one half to Oikawa who looks a little confused at the sudden gesture. "It's milk bread. I just thought that you might be a little hungry after practice."

He grins and takes one half of the bread. "These are my favorite, thanks~"

You smile at him in return. "Well that's convenient." As he takes his piece, you lightly tap your bread towards his. "Cheers to another day of hard work at practice."

Stifling a laugh, he plays along, lightly tapping his bread to yours. "This is new."

You grin. "It's nice to try new things, don't you agree?"

Taking a bite out of the bread, he contemplates it for a moment before finding his words. "It's certainly a nice change of pace." He lets out a thoughtful hum.

Looking out the window, you notice that your stop was next and made a move to stand. "Anyway, this is my stop." Turning to face him again you bow your head lightly at him before leaving through the opened doors. "Take care, Oikawa-san."

The next thing you hear from behind you was, "I'll see you at school tomorrow, Rudolph-chan~"

Your head quickly spins back to the doors to retort but the doors had already shut, leaving you to stare at Oikawa's smug grin as the train started to move again. You sigh as you turn back around to make your way home, a little worried on the idea that the nickname would stick around for more than a couple days.

___________________________

I finally got the courage to show this little fic I've been mulling over! This is my first fanfic so feedback would be lovely! I always love seeing how I can improve (: