Chapter 1

Dear God why am I doing this?

I stood behind the open locker waiting for him to notice me. My heart was stuck in my throat while my knees trembled. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Damian shut his locker just then and did a double take when he noticed me there before making his face go smooth again.

He raised an eyebrow as if to say, this should be good. " Um, hi." I croaked out, tucking in a lock of hair behind my ear with trembling hands. Stay strong you idiot.

" Hi?" he cocked his head to the side as if wondering why I was standing in front of him and greeting him.

" Er I'm Lexie, Thomas's..."

" Girlfriend, I know"  he interrupted me, a smirk growing on his face as if though he were realizing why I was here. My heart did a flip, Damian Di Luna knew who I was.

" Lemme guess" he leaned against his locker, the smirk still intact on his face.

" You came here to tell me to not bash the ass's face." Aw man he knew that too, I nodded slightly.

"Can't you just let it go?"

He sighed, standing straight back up. " Look, he started insulting me in front of the whole team. There's no way I'm letting him get away with that." He looked at me and I saw something flash in his eyes....Pity?

Damn Thomas for having such a big mouth, this wasn't the first time I'd had to save his butt.

" It's not happening." he finished, locking his locker before turning around to leave.

" Please!?" without thinking and being reckless, my hand flashed out to grab his leather clad arm and he stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned around and his eyes went to where I was gripping his arm and then went to my face. I instantly let go as I saw the look in his eyes, stepping back reflexively.

" Please" I squeaked .

He bit his full bottom lip and gazed at me, I tried not to let it get to me but it was hard. He was studying me so intently, I felt myself shake. He took a step toward me and I slowly moved back. I mean Damian had a bad reputation in the school, he was considered dangerous. Everyone respected him, no matter how much they disliked him. They never mouthed off unlike my stupid boyfriend that is.

" Maybe I will" he suddenly spoke, his voice lowered to a sexy  drawl. "If..."

I swallowed at his close proximity and asked in a squeak, " If what?"

" If you kiss me."

My mouth dropped open, what the heck? I thought he'd ask me to do a drug with him or something, but a kiss? A grin spread across his lips at my baffled expression.

" I have a boyfriend" I told him as any loyal girlfriend should have said.

He scoffed, "It's just a kiss, Martinez." Of wow, he knew my last name too.

" Don't tell me your scared," he continued in a teasing voice when I didn't say anything.

Oh now I get it, I was probably the only girl he ever lip locked with in the entire school and so he's decided to take his chance now. Or maybe he wanted to rile me up, the straight A, non-misbehaving goody two shoes Lexie Martinez. But then again he was right, it was just a kiss. I'm sure Thomas wouldn't mind if it got him to escape Damian's wrath. I looked from the ground and met his green/blue eyes, they were the most gorgeous shade ever. At least he was good-looking I mean he was the hottest guy in the entire school, with his raven hair and chiseled face features, his pink lips full and tempting. I slowly nodded and a hint of surprise came across his face, he probably wasn't expecting me to agree. He slowly smirked, raising an eyebrow in disbelief, as if though he didn't believe me. Silently I stood there, waiting for him to do it already. The doubt still on his face he slowly leaned forward, his arms resting on either side of my head, trapping me against the cold hard lockers. His cologne surrounded me, his minty breath fanning on my lips. Just a kiss, just a kiss. I chanted to myself as my eyes closed slowly and I leaned forward to get over with it. Puckering my lips slightly, I waited for him to close the gap but nothing came. Opening my eyes back up slowly I found him staring at me in amusement and I felt myself go red. He did not just do that, I felt like a complete idiot.

He lowered his head towered my ear and whispered, " Not so fast, Babe. Meet me in Mrs. Casa's english class after school."

Oh he's got to be kidding. Seems not, because he stepped back away from me and began walking to class, just as the bell rang informing that lunch was over. The hallway soon became crowded with students and I stood there flushed, trying to regather my thoughts.

***

Riiiiiig.

I shouldered my backpack as the last bell of the day rang and people practically ran out, as though they couldn't get off of school grounds fast enough. I'd told both Stacy and Thomas to go on ahead without me, since I had unfinished business to do. My heart thumped wildly as the school elevator slowly climbed up to take me to the english classroom. What had I gotten myself in to? It was a good thing that I liked Thomas a lot, because other wise this wouldn't be happening. I felt like my asthma would take over any second as I got closer to the room. Taking a deep breath outside the door, I pulled myself together before stepping inside, there he was sitting in the leather chair that belonged to the teacher. His feet were propped on the desk as he bounced one of those bouncy balls on it.

His head snapped up when I entered. " Well finally" he commented, pocketing the ball.

I looked at the clock. What? I was only two minutes late! I looked back to tell him that but he was smiling, informing me that he was joking with me. He pulled his feet off the table and got up and my mind went back to why I was here, oh dear. I saw him lick his bottom lip as he came closer to me, closing the open door and pressed me against it, making a squeak slip out of my mouth.

" I'm not gonna hurt you, Martinez" he murmured, tying to calm me down as he gripped my upper arms gently. He dipped his head down and paused for a minute as if waiting to see if I would back out. When I didn't move he quickly pressed his lips against mine. My first thought was finally. And then all I could think was, oh my god. I'm kissing Damian and boy was he a good kisser. I had to stand on my tippy toes to reach him as his lips shaped against mine. They were soft, sending pleasant tingles down my spine. As he tightened his hold on me, a small noise came out my mouth surprising both of us. My hand went through his hair and I marveled at the softness of it. At that moment I wasn't thinking of anything at all, no even Thomas. A door suddenly slammed, making us both jump and break apart. Mrs. Casa had just entered through the back door that was connected to the science department.

Her hands on her hips, she glared at us. " I'm going to count to three. If I see either of you still here, there's going to be some detention slips being handed out."

I grabbed my bag which had fallen on the ground and hastily ran out, almost bumping my head against the door. Gasping for breath, I tried to calm down, patting my mess of a hair as I practically sprinted down the deserted hallway, my lips tingling. Oh I was in trouble.