Lost? And found...

Soon after Emma left, everyone seemed to evaporate upstairs. Julian and I headed our separate ways. I was walking down the hallway. Why did every doorway look the same? Every corridor and painting seemed to be the same one every time I chose a new path. Finally after I gave up all faith and hope in myself, and plopped a seat on the red carpet floor. I was playing with my hands for the majority of my waiting.

"Lost?" A familiar voice asked, making my head snap up immediately.

"Yup! And now found thanks to you." I said to Julian.

"No problem, Emma's been looking for you everywhere. And what I mean by everywhere is that she sent me to find you." He said.

"That sound like something I would do. Pass off my work and be lazy, that's my sister." I said proudly putting my hands together. I was so unfocused that I didn't even notice Julian sitting next to me. His damp hair wetting parts of his clothes. He already showed, and unlike me I have dried sweat causing my blonde hair to stick on my skin. We were so close to each other and staring at each other's features.

"Do Blackthorns always look the same?" I asked Julian, with a curious smile.

"I don't know what you mean." He said, returning the smile.

"Like the same angular fingers and the blue-green eyes that match the ocean. And the semi long black-brown hair." I said messing up his hair.

"I guess you could say that. The only person not like that is probably Mark..." Julian said before cutting himself off.

"Who's Mark?" I asked, but Julian kept to himself. I nodded to show that I wasn't going to force it out of him. After a while of sitting in silence, Julian got up from the floor. He offered me his hand and I gladly took it.

"You get lost a lot, don't you?" He said lifting me from the floor.

"Yeah," I said playing with the ends of my hair.

"How bout I show you around tomorrow?" Julian asked with a sly smile, rubbing the back of his neck in a fringe of embarrassment.

"I'd love to, I'd also love if I could find my room and take a shower." I said making him laugh.

"Let's go." He said pulling me the opposite way I was going.

He led me to the first hallway and my door was the third on the right. I was so lost. I sighed and opened my door. An ocean breeze filled my nose when I saw the window open letting in warm summer sunshine.

"Thanks Julian." I said smiling.

"It's no problem, the kids love you and to them you seem like a mom or a big sister." He said smiling back.

"Really? They like me." I was grinning too wide.

"They do. And I do too"

"Wait so if I'm the mom then whose the dad?" I asked him with a daring look.

He looked up in thought. "Me." He said. It was one big family.

"Before I was taken away, are you sure you don't remember me? I think I remember you, Jules." I asked, and for the first time I used the nickname I gave him when we were kids.

"Yes, I do remember you, Emi. I kind of thought you only existed in my mind." He said biting his lip. I moved forward and sprang a hug on Jules.

"I'm glad you remember me." I said, his clean body, lather soap was mixing in with the sea air. It was the best smell ever. He hugged me back tightly. I was the first to let go.

"Thanks Jules. Goodnight Julian Blackthorn." I said about to close my door. He chuckled and put his hand through his hair.

"Goodnight Emily Carstairs." He said leaving my doorway. I closed the door fully and fell on my bed with a sigh. New friendships, new sister, new family, new Emily, I thought. The kids were a great family but I wonder what happened with Mark and Hellen? If I asked he might get upset so I pushed it into the back of my mind.

After a few minutes of laying in silence, I got up and went to the bathroom. I knew Emma was in my room. Why? Because all my stuff was unpacked and there was a note that said, Emma wasn't here - E.C. I rolled my eyes and looked at my favorite soaps all organized. Thank you Emma. She actually did something.

I cleaned myself and set my hair to dry. I then changed into my classic white tank with a plaid red shirt on top of anyone came in or if it was cold and plaid green pants that were very long and I normally slipped on them. I got out of the bathroom and took my phone and a book and got out of my room barefoot. It was late so I was sneaking, I guess you could say. All the kids were asleep so the only people awake were Emma and Julian but they were nowhere to be found. I sighed of relief when I got out of my room. I made it to the set of stairs I saw earlier leading to the roof. I prayed to the angel so I wouldn't fall off, then I started to climb.

When I made it to the roof, it was peaceful. I gave a small smile and went to the edge closest to the ocean looking out the green sea. I plopped down on the shingles and slipped my phone into my plaid shirt pocket. I cracked open the book I had only to be joined by someone else.

"When did you find this place?" Emma asked sitting next to me. I sighed and closed the book I had and put it next to me.

"When I got lost after training but Jules found me and took me to my room. By the way, thanks for unpacking my stuff." I told her with a smile.

"No problem, I did it while you were training." She said. After that we both sat in the comfortable silence. Emma was different than I was though. She had blonde hair while I had dirty blonde hair and she had brown eyes while I had bright green eyes that would sometimes light up during the day or become really dark. It reminded me a lot of Marks eyes. I was also taller than my sister but by only about half an inch. The only thing was that she was older than me by 2 minutes and when we were younger, she always bragged about it. Other than that, my sister and I are alike, (except she goes out with more people, ex boyfriend...).

"Hey Emma. I was reading about Shadowhunters earlier and it told me about parabatais. Who's your parabatai?" I asked her seeing the mark on her right shoulder.

"Julian." She said not looking at me but towards the sky. I nodded and picked at my left sleeve, a birthmark I've had since a baby. It looked exactly like the runes....maybe a certain one. I let it go and finally went back to my room after saying goodnight to Emma.

I crawled into my bed thinking about runes and what the birthmark was.

Was it good or bad?

Why did I have it?

Did Emma have it, too?

I'm not special, am I?