"Uh... Hey there, Stefan! If you're not busy this evening, I heard it would be a great night to lay back and look at the stars. Get back to me if you can, or not," she said awkwardly into the phone. Hanging up, Delilah let out a heavy breath in relief. That went a lot smoother than she thought it would.

\\

A few minutes past nine, the doorbell sounded. Delilah perked up and hurried away from her dresser and out of her room. She gave a shout to her aunt who sat up in her study that she would answer the door. Opening the door quickly, a wide smile rose to her cherry lips. Just as she thought, there stood no other than Stefan Salvatore himself only a few inches away from her.

"Hey, you. You made it," Delilah said with a small sigh in awe. "I was afraid I would have to be cooped up inside with a book tonight.

"Sounds like fun either way," Stefan admitted, "but of course I did." He gave Delilah a small smile in return. The brunette gave Stefan another cheeky smile and turned on her heel to walk off in hopes that he would follow. Instead, Stefan remained standing there, glancing around the perimeter awkwardly. If only she knew.

"What's holding you up?" Delilah questioned and turned back to face him.

"You know what would be nice?"

"What?"

"If you, uh, would let me in."

"Come again?"

"You heard me." Delilah gave Stefan a small rise of her eyebrow in confusion but didn't dare to question him. Stefan would do as Stefan wished.

"Fine, fine. So demanding tonight, I see. Come in."

"Thank you." The Salvatore stepped inside of her home and followed Delilah up to her bedroom. Entering her room, Stefan took a quick scan of the area. Everything seemed to have its own spot. Not a single object was out of place. Adorned posters ran along her walls.

"I thought the fun would take outside," he spoke, picking up a picture frame from her desk and smiling down at it. "Oh, please tell me that you're going to bring some food because I'm starved."

"One step ahead of you," Delilah said and held up a bag full of snacks. "And of course, it will, you doofus. Follow me."

The brown, ragged-haired boy followed her towards the large window of her bedroom, watching as she unlocked it and pushed it open.

"Up we go." Delilah glanced back at Stefan, and with that, she slung the bag over her shoulder and slipped out the window onto the rooftop. Stefan Salvatore followed behind her and took a seat next to her closely. He took a look up at the sky, admiring the perfect view before them. A dark blanket covered the inky canopy, stars dotting all around as the low, waning gibbous moon hung in the firmament. Delilah too took a moment to gaze up at the sky, searching for any known constellations.

"Told you tonight would be golden," Delilah commented. "Do you know any constellations?"

"No, not really. Only the infamous Big Dipper."

"The Big Dipper is actually an asterism. It's one of those star patterns that usually contain a smaller figure than constellations themselves."

"Alright then, smartypants." He chuckled and Delilah gave his arm a light, playful punch. "Anything else I should know?"

"I like to drink hot chocolate in the summer, and eat ice cream in the winter. I never take sugar in her tea. I only paint my nails black, and I express myself through a paintbrush and a canvas. I also have this extreme sweet spot for puppies."

"Hm, I'll keep that in mind."

Delilah and Stefan exchanged glances and smiles for a few moments, becoming a little too awkward for her liking. "Well, this is what I brought with me." Delilah took out some snacks from the bag, three-fourths of them being pure sugar. As Delilah opened a small bag of M&M's, an idea popped into Stefan's mind.

"I bet I could catch those in my mouth," he said.

"I doubt that."

"Hm, is that a challenge?"

"Is it?"

"Yes, it is. I'll prove it."

"Fine, but you better not be doing this to make me waste a good snack."

Delilah tossed an M&M to Stefan, who lowered his head and repositioned himself in order to catch it perfectly in his mouth. The two made that process continue on and until finally, he missed and it fell into his lap.

"Ha!" she exclaimed. "You aren't as good as you say."

"Shut it."

After sharing their moments of laughter and fun, everything died down and Delilah decided that it was time to actually stargaze as they had planned.

"So... Where's Scorpio again?" Stefan asked Delilah as he wished to find the location of his zodiac sign. "Is it somewhere over here?" His finger pointed towards the sky, Delilah shaking her head at him with a small smile.

"Wrong." She took his hand and moved it towards the right side of the large, dark sky. "Somewhere in that region. It's supposed to be pretty noticeable during July and August, so you may not get a good glimpse at it."

Stefan turned his gaze away from the sky and his handsome eyes stared over his shoulder at Delilah. Right then, she thought he would have kissed her, but instead, he turned his head back and smiled up at the stars. Delilah face-palmed herself mentally, as she finally remembered that Stefan had a girl already. A bit disappointed in her thoughts, Delilah followed his glance and said nothing more. The two teenagers sat in silence, letting the aesthetic imagery of the beautiful night engulf all around them. All though things didn't go as she hoped, everything felt right. It was truly a picture-perfect moment, and that was perfectly fine by Delilah Amoretti.

___

Here's some more Stelilah for you to take in (':