"So, what is it do you want to ask me, young SkyWing?" Frigga asked curiously.

       "Well..." Glow paused. "We saw a huge and really pompous NightWing named Morrowseer evaluate the dragonets." At the name, she could feel her master's scales prickle. "Needless to say, he was less than pleased." She paused again, looking at her master hopefully. "I was wondering, if you knew him. He was really big and he seemed really old. He wrote the Dragonet Prophecy, so that would make sense. So, do you know him?"

        Frigga let out a laugh and her eyes became glazed with nostalgia. "No. I didn't know him personally, but I knew of him. My father, Commander Freeze, attempted to form a peace treaty with him with Queen Glacier's permission. NightWings and IceWings have hated each other for thousands of years, so despite the odds being against him, he tried anyways. He was a very determined and hopeful dragon, believing in the best of others." Glow smiled, the warm fondness in Frigga's eyes shimmering with memories.

       "He was very good at rousing soldiers to fight against the odds and has won many battles and risen in ranks quickly because of his success. Queen Glacier thought that his level of respect and reputation would persuade the NightWings to form a peace treaty with them. Others thought he was trying to convince them to take their side in the war, though this was not the case.

       "However, when he along with some of his most trusted soldiers tried to convince them to agree to the treaty, Morrowseer cut him down and only a few of his soldiers remained..." Glow nuzzled into her shoulder and curled up under her wing. "Mother was so distraught. We all were, but her and our older siblings were the most devastated. North and Snowstorm were closer to him than I or Hvitur– especially Hvitur– but that didn't stop him from leaving to join the Talons of Peace. It was just...too much for him, I suppose.

       "Our older siblings tried to hunt Morrowseer down. Mother and I tried to talk them out of it, but they refused. Unfortunately, they were captured and killed by Queen Scarlet and her army. From then on, it was just mother and I until I met some soldiers in the army that I was rather fond of. I had a family of my own, and everyone else was gone. Even my grandfather, who struck down the NightWing queen many decades ago, was gone.

       "It would only make sense that mother would die, too. Fate was most unkind." She paused, taking a deep breath. "A dragon in our own army betrayed us and cut her down right in front of me." She hesitated, her eyes clouding. "H-he, did something u-unspeakable to h-her corpse...I killed him on sight once I w-witnessed it, but the damage was done. After that...I couldn't take being in the war anymore. I took my things, left my only family behind, and made for the mountains in the SkyWing Kingdom where I lived until..." She paused to look at Glow, who was listening intently, sympathy swimming in her warm amber eyes. "Until now. I've been here ever since." Frigga smiled down at her student and Glow looked at her master with a newfound respect. She's been through so much more than I thought, and yet...she still stands tall and proud. She still takes care of us and raises us as her own. She curled even tighter against the IceWing and sighed.

       "Well, you have a family here, now. And we're not going anywhere. We're taking care of you, too, Frigga." She said trying to give her sympathy. Her teacher simply nodded and rested her chin by Glow's.

       "Yes, you're all my family, too." She whispered. She poked Glow's snout tenderly, giggling. "I remember when you were only a very small hatchling that you loved to chase my tail. You called it the 'spike-pike' and wouldn't let go of it whenever you caught it."

       Glow giggled at her memories of being taken care of by Frigga, Whitecap, and Willow. "Yeah, and Willow would always smother me and tumble over me trying to 'protect' me from things like bugs."

       "And Whitecap would always tell you stories and show you his glowing patterns, teaching you Aquatic even though you were a SkyWing." Frigga recounted.

       "Hey, I can understand a SeaWing underwater, now. Too bad I can't breathe underwater!" Glow joked.

       They both laughed and laughed, lost in the nostalgia of the past. The hours went by, telling stories, bringing up memories, acting like they did when Glow was little. When they were both beginning to tire, Glow tapped on Frigga's wing gently. "Master?" Glow said drowsily.

       "Yes, Glow?" She answered.

       "C-can you sing me your lullaby? Like you used to?" She asked. Frigga looked at her affectionately and smiled, stroking her head gently.

       "Of course, my dragonet." She began clearing her throat, cold air poofing out of her throat as she did so. She then opened her mouth, and a beautiful smooth and radiant voice began to wrap itself around Glow's tired mind and lull her to sleep.

       "The frozen tundra soft and chilled by the gentle snows of winter. In this land, sleeps a dragonet full of hope. In this world, a dragonet will come to enter. In this world, full of warfare, I will keep you safe.

       "Worry not, for I will keep you under my wing for all of time. The talons of hatred will not taint you. Your pure heart will not stray towards the darkness, for I will keep you safe. For I will keep you safe.

       "You needn't feel alone. You needn't feel hollow. You needn't feel hopeless, for I am here with you. You needn't feel as cold or unforgiving as the arctic. You needn't bend to the will of nature; you are leading your own future.

       "Keep me close to you, I won't abandon you. Even when all seems lost, and you lose yourself. Don't worry, for I am here, I will always be here.

       Frigga's throat began to crack with emotion just as Glow was losing consciousness and falling into slumber. "I love you, forever and always, and I always have."