Chapter 4 || Brothers & Competition II

Start from the beginning

Heath scoffed back. "Fine then."

-With Ayumu & Kaede-

"Kadowaki-san! Pleasure to be here with you!" Kaede said enthusiastically to Ayumu while Ayumu jumped slightly in surprise at the outburst, but replied, "U-Uh yeah, same here." "I need to ask you something..." Kaede started as Ayumu looked at him confused. "Kuga-san! Why is Kuga Kyosuke-san not here?!" Kaede exclaimed as he got closer to Ayumu while Ayumu shrunk backwards. "T-That is... a little difficult to answer." Ayumu stuttered out a reply and pushed up his glasses. "Why?! Is it a secret?!" Kaede continued his outburst and Ayumu swore he heard drum-like sounds in the background as Kaede got closer. "Well, not really-" Ayumu tried to explained but was cut off by Kaede. "Could it be that he's a secret weapon-type thing?" Kaede exclaimed. "Well, not really that either--" Ayumu continued, trying really hard to explain the situation but again was cut off by Kaede. "So we're simply not worthy, is that so?" Kaede said, ignoring whatever Ayumu was trying to say, while Ayumu was trying to get Kaede to listen. "Hello...? Can you hear me?"(A/N: *sings dramatically* I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be. I just had to do it! XD)

Ignoring him once again, Kaede exclaimed, "I understand! I will drag him out today!" That day, Ayumu was mentally squashed by Kaede. "I, Kadowaki Ayumu, outpaced in a conversation like this...?!" Ayumu exclaimed as Kaede had imaginary sparkles around him.

-With Takeru & Reiji-

"Hey there, good to see you. Didn't expect to be able to run with you so soon." Reiji said to Takeru and reached out his hand for a handshake. "Sorry, I don't do that before a match." Takeru apologised monotonously and refused Reiji's handshake bluntly. However, Reiji just said pulled his hand back and was unaffected, chuckling lightly. "How very stoic. Very cool." Reiji said. "Why was the match opponent suddenly changed to you?" Takeru asked as he stood at his full height. Reiji just sighed and reached for his fringe, playing with a few strands of his hair as he replied, "Just what the Stride Association wanted. I feel bad for the other school, but personally... I'm glad I could face you here." Reiji then looked at Takeru in the eye. "Same." Takeru said.

"By the way, why didn't Hime run?" Reiji asked. "I don't know. Her brothers didn't let her." Takeru replied monotonously. Reiji smirked at that. Heh, I see. Seems I'll get another chance in the future. Reiji thought. The look on Reiji's face made a slight shiver go down Takeru's spine. Senpai, what did you do? He thought.

-With the Kazuma siblings-

*Achoo* A sneeze came from Yukihime and a shiver went down her spine. "Yuu? Daijoubu?" Teito asked her sister and Keito looked concerned at her. "Hai, daijoubu. But i feel someone was talking about me and I have a bad feeling about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stride fans, here and watching us on broadcast, welcome to Inogashira Park. The moment is here!" The announcer started. "One of the most anticipated matches of this Kichijoji Spring Stride Festival is about to begin!" He finished and the crowd went wild. Fireworks blasted into the air, making a loud sound, signaling the start of the event.

"Tei-Nii, Kei-Nii. I'll be going over to see how Nana-chan is doing before the race starts." Yukihime told her brothers and with their approval, made her way to where Nana was while her brothers stood with Dan-sensei.

When she reached, she saw Nana and Shizuma greeting each other. "Nana-chan!" She exclaimed as she went up to hug her kouhai. "Yuki-senpai!" Nana said in surprise at her senpai's appearance. "Why are you here?" She asked her senpai curiously. "Moh~ Can't I just come to wish you good luck?" Yukihime pouted at her kouhai. "I-Iie, it is perfectly fine! Gomenasai!" Nana stuttered in apology. "Haha, daijoubu, daijoubu. I was just kidding. But I see you are good to go. So good luck!" Yukihime said and smiled, patting her kouhai gently on the head. "H-Hai! Ganbarimasu(A/N: Ganbarimasu: I'll work hard)!" Nana said in excitement.